Wish More Tuner Options

Cooldrewb

Inspired
It would nice to be able to pick different tuner options other than standard. Kind of like what I have on my phone I keep favorites of different tuner setting so I can jump to quick when tuning my guitar. Just makes it quicker rather trying to remember them in your head.
1635255059684.png

I'm not sure I understand what the wish is about.

Isn't current tuner "tuning agnostic"? It doesn't indicate standard or any other tuning in any way, there's no EADGBE anywhere to be seen, right?

So when you say "to pick different tuner options other than standard", can you clarify where you want to pick them?

I'm not sure I understand what the wish is about.

Isn't current tuner "tuning agnostic"? It doesn't indicate standard or any other tuning in any way, there's no EADGBE anywhere to be seen, right?

So when you say "to pick different tuner options other than standard", can you clarify where you want to pick them?
More options to store different offsets for one, a drop down pick list for different types of tuning as second.
1635783679594.png

More options to store different offsets for one, a drop down pick list for different types of tuning as second.
View attachment 91094
This is nice here but what would be cool is if you could hold the tuner button down and then scroll to the tuning you want. Again, that way it would make tuning a little quicker when playing different songs.

This is nice here but what would be cool is if you could hold the tuner button down and then scroll to the tuning you want. Again, that way it would make tuning a little quicker when playing different songs.
This was the first OP's idea
I can sort of understand the offsets thing, but how would it work for drop D, for example?

Let's say you select drop D from a menu, and then what? It shows E when your sixth string is tuned to D? How does it work?
1635873636928.png

Mine is to add a menu of choices AND bank of user specific tuning.

If a tuning is based on notes that fall into the normal 12-tone scale, I see no need to add it, likewise for ones that fall within a constant offset from A440. That means drop tunings and open tunings shouldn’t be added because anyone using them should already know the notes being targeted even if there’s an offset from A440.

Tunings that rely on differing cents per string from standard notes should be implemented; Buzz Feiten, sweetened tunings, etc., that don’t land on even semi-tone boundaries are the candidates because they can’t be accommodated by a consistent offset.

Sorry, I still don't get it. Your screenshot shows just a list of notes in various tunings. A reminder.

What I don't understand is how this is supposed to work in a tuner.
It is just so when you tune your guitar, you pick what tuning. You still have to tune your guitar but don't have to remember what string is what. I know the Axe can't change tuning all the strings. That is not what I'm saying at all. This is just to make tuning easier.

It is just so when you tune your guitar, you pick what tuning. You still have to tune your guitar but don't have to remember what string is what. I know the Axe can't change tuning all the strings. That is not what I'm saying at all. This is just to make tuning easier.
Yes. Not sure why this is such a difficult topic. We have drop down menus for amps, effects, EQ's, etc. the "ask" is to have a drop down menu for different tuning. The different tunings could reflect Nashville, DADGAB, etc. Once selected, the tuner will move +/- to accommodate the correct pitch. Likewise if the Feinten tuning, or sweetened tuning requested. Although these are different because each one is +/- cents and quite different.

My go to offset is Peterson "sweetened" tuning. Would be nice if we could have more than one custom tuning available.

Let me try to rephrase it.

Suppose the feature is implemented, I pick Drop D tuning, and play the sixth string. What is the tuner supposed to display?

Let me try to rephrase it.

Suppose the feature is implemented, I pick Drop D tuning, and play the sixth string. What is the tuner supposed to display?
A LARGE ‘D’ with a numeric value of 6, and the arrow would indicate you need to tune down…

A LARGE ‘D’ with a numeric value of 6, and the arrow would indicate you need to tune down…
What Stink said. Again this is just to help tuning your guitar to different tunings faster such as DADGAB or Drop C. You can even do custom settings for different tunings such as unchained.

There's something about the OP's request that's not getting well understood here...

So, what you really want is a tuning guide to tell you to tune up or down to achieve a fixed pitch given by the alternate tuning you have selected. So, if you select, let's say... "D standard" you'd want for the tuner to tell you the 5th string has to be tuned to G, so when you pluck the string it has to tell you to lower the pitch until you get to G from A, right?

There's something about the OP's request that's not getting well understood here...

So, what you really want is a tuning guide to tell you to tune up or down to achieve a fixed pitch given by the alternate tuning you have selected. So, if you select, let's say... "D standard" you'd want for the tuner to tell you the 5th string has to be tuned to G, so when you pluck the string it has to tell you to lower the pitch until you get to G from A, right?
Corrrect. I know it is not a big deal just something that would be nice.

+1 every guitar I have has a different tuning, and only one of them is even a 6 string guitar. Having tuning presets for custom open tunings on a 7 for example, would be awesome!

+1 and add Buzz Feinten tuning, open and 12th fret
+1 I just got a Buzz Feiten equipped guitar and it would be super useful to have the ability to instantly switch the tuner to the proper offsets and then back to standard for my other guitars.

Back
Top Bottom