Wish More than 8 effects

As long as you didn't exceed the CPU limit would it be possible to run more than 8 effects? There are some effects that that are set and forget (reverb, EQ), some that are controlled by the pedal (wah/whammy) and others that could be turned on/off through scenes if needed. Or could there be a global effect Quality setting that would allow you to run 10 or 12 effects at a lower quality? Rubbing the genie lamp...

As long as you didn't exceed the CPU limit would it be possible to run more than 8 effects? There are some effects that that are set and forget (reverb, EQ), some that are controlled by the pedal (wah/whammy) and others that could be turned on/off through scenes if needed. Or could there be a global effect Quality setting that would allow you to run 10 or 12 effects at a lower quality? Rubbing the genie lamp...

Have a look at the delay thread and video that TRTTRTTRT did as it will show you that not all effects are a one trick pony and you can get a hell of a lot of effects out of one block.

If you can live with lower quality effects there are lots of pedals out there already that offer that. ;)

No, I want the FX8 effects but I think the difference between the high/low quality reverb is pretty much indistinguishable in a band setting. I'm more interested in freeing up switches on pedalboard to do other things. Right now I have two switches that never get touched. The good thing is now I'm able to move them out of the way to the top row but it would be better if I could free them up for another effect. Make sense?

Pretty sure he was just suggesting a few scenarios where, without reducing quality of any FX, if you have free CPU available, and it is within normal operating limits, you can add more than 8 FX. There's lots of scenarios where you may use all 8 fx, without a lot of CPU, maybe if you use relay or midi blocks, or some lower cpu usage FX. Correct my if I'm wrong, but can't the AX8 do this currently (of course excluding amp and cab blocks for a fair comparison)

Pretty sure he was just suggesting a few scenarios where, without reducing quality of any FX, if you have free CPU available, and it is within normal operating limits, you can add more than 8 FX. There's lots of scenarios where you may use all 8 fx, without a lot of CPU, maybe if you use relay or midi blocks, or some lower cpu usage FX. Correct my if I'm wrong, but can't the AX8 do this currently (of course excluding amp and cab blocks for a fair comparison)

It can yes. And that does seem like a reasonable suggestion.

But God knows if there's a technical limitation that is insurmountable.

Exactly, if I could do it without reducing the quality that would be ideal; however, I'm even open to use a lower quality setting (i.e., pitch & reverb) to achieve it.

Back
Top Bottom