Wish More Simple Delays!

DJD100

Power User
Would love more simple delays as using channels while powerful, also destroys delay tails when changing channels.

How about the upgrade for 4 simple delays vs the current two?

You mean more instances of the Delay block?

As far as I'm aware the Delay and Amp modeling run together on a dedicated core in the FM3, so it probably depends on how much resource is remaining on that core.

Hi Yek, indeed, just two more basic delays is my wish, down grading from a quad-core cpu upgrade LOL!

I think you're right about the dsp allocation though, might be impossible unless they can let them run on the other dsp?

This could work for those who don't use reverb or use an external reverb etc.

The issue is changing channels kills the tails etc.

Hi Yek (really Yek this time LOL!)

With the same delay block, using the same delay algo, but with different regen, delay note durations (tempo sync'd with same tempo input), and different mix levels per channel, changing from the long delay/higher regen/50% mix channel, to the shorter delay/low regen/18% mix channel, effectively kills the long delay channel's tails.

Additional delay blocks would allow the long delay/hi regen delay to be bypassed/mute fx in etc, which would allow the tails to fade normally.

Thx...

Last edited:
I'm going to have to learn how to use the other delay block types. I suspect one could make more simple delays with some of the more complex delay types...

Hi Yek (really Yek this time LOL!)

With the same delay block, using the same delay algo, but with different regen, delay note durations (tempo sync'd with same tempo input), and different mix levels per channel, changing from the long delay/higher regen/50% mix channel, to the shorter delay/low regen/18% mix channel, effectively kills the long delay channel's tails.

Additional delay blocks would allow the long delay/hi regen delay to be bypassed/mute fx in etc, which would allow the tails to fade normally.

Thx...

Understood. Use Input Gain instead of Mix, it helps.

Understood. Use Input Gain instead of Mix, it helps.
Thanks Yek, it certainly did help smooth the transitions (I should've RTFM with regards to Input Trim/Bussing etc)!

Still would like another couple of simple delays though!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom