More Scene controller Tips

So in the Control Menu, If the Scene is set to 100%, the Max value of Modifier Screen is used and if the Scene is set to 0% in in Control Menu, the Min Value in Modifier Screen is used?
I've got it working now by setting Min at 0% and Max at 100%, then in Control Menu setting % of Effect I want.
Still not clear on this. Gonna be back in front of Axe in 30 min, so I'll keep working on it.

Sent from my iPhone

i'm pretty sure that's exactly it. some people are also leaving the Modifier menu to its full range and calculating the % value the Controller would have to be to do what they want. then they have the full range available rather than basically "choosing" a Low and High value in the Modifier menu.

i'm pretty sure that's exactly it. some people are also leaving the Modifier menu to its full range and calculating the % value the Controller would have to be to do what they want. then they have the full range available rather than basically "choosing" a Low and High value in the Modifier menu.

That is good if you are only controlling one parameter with a scene, but if you are just using one scene controller to control many parameters that really isn't viable.

That is good if you are only controlling one parameter with a scene, but if you are just using one scene controller to control many parameters that really isn't viable.

I want to control multiple parameters. Could you explain? Control Menu settings to 100%, then adj Min and Max values in Modifier Menu?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

i think a common confusion with this new feature is the name of "Scene 1" and "Scene 2" when you choose them in the Source list and in the Controller menu.

"Scene 1" in these menus does not mean the 1st Scene out of the 8 available. it actually means "Scene Controller #1" - one of two available controllers that can have different values per scene.

Yes! ^ The "Scene 1" controller name is confusing. The "Scene 1" controller controls the FIRST controller on EVERY scene. The "Scene 2" controller controls the SECOND controller on EVERY scene. Took me a while to figure that one out. :)

I want to control multiple parameters. Could you explain? Control Menu settings to 100%, then adj Min and Max values in Modifier Menu?
Thanks!

assign the Scene Controller #1 to multiple parameters in different blocks and see what happens :)

assign the Scene Controller #1 to multiple parameters in different blocks and see what happens :)

Will do, lol. On it now. I've been using a single Ext. Control assigned to multiple parameters for a while, assigned to 1 Expression Pedal. This has been very powerful but if I understand things, this will greatly expand on the ability to incorporate Scenes, and change Modifier values.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

it's as if you took that Ext Control concept and have 8 static settings now dictated by scene instead of that single button to press. and a 2nd "Ext Control" available too.

so you probably already know what to do :)

I really like how the new Scene controllers are sounding when in use(no dropouts etc). But not pretending to be a programmer I do think the scene control feature could be a lot easier (somehow). It's very confusing-the Process and the Naming of the Scene Contollers for a old guy like me. We already use a the word (Scene feature)? I wish you could choose and set the parameters the way you want them in each scene and use the save button. Not complaining but I'm sure it will get better in the next firmwares.

man-

i wish someone would do a youtube video on this subject-sound awesome as

I am 100% totally flashed! Since Fw12, still no Axe-Fx II on my hands. So i thought the whole time, "Scene Controllers" will be directly attached to a parameter. So, i wondered, why the don`t named "Scene Modifiers".

But just this (wrong) assumption seems to me BIG TIME! Now, you open my eyes! Scene Controllers are located like the other Controllers (Externals, LFO, Envelope, etc.) - and that`s why the be named, as the were named: scene CONTROLLERS".
So, because now i understand, that they control modifiers, not direct a parameter - this is

BIG²TIME² !!! One Scene Controller can manage multiple taper settings through individual modifier (interpreter). BIIIIG TIIIIME!!!

Cliff or Matt, or the one who had this idea is genius! Now i think, this is as BIG as SCENES introduction in FW9! Really!

Your example makes me want to articulate a very old WISH again:
Beside DRIVE/MASTER/LEVEL i truly now want to have PRESENCE/BMT also be able to attach to modifiers! In combination with Scene Controllers this would mean a completely MIDIsized AMP with up to 8 Presets (here: Scenes). Double that with AMP2 and "Scene Controller 2" and you get something like a fully remotable AMP, like a Mesa triaxis in ONE Preset!

Two Channels (AMPS), 2x 8 remoteable AMP-SETTINGS in ONE PRESET!

NO X/Y - NO drop OUTS
Not 4 "Amp-Channels" (Amp1,2 + x/y) -> up to 8 Amp-Settings and selectable Mono- or Dual-Amp per SCENE.

In ONE Preset!

That would be BIG³TIME³ ;)

I really must lay down my hands right NOW to my Axe-Fx II, but it`s still in the rehearsal room ... ;(

I AM TOTALLY FLASHED!!!!!!!!!

it takes a while to write, setup, record, edit and upload a high quality video.

i and others could quickly crank out a iphone video where you can't see the screen or anything and ramble while missing the point :)

I really like how the new Scene controllers are sounding when in use(no dropouts etc). But not pretending to be a programmer I do think the scene control feature could be a lot easier (somehow). It's very confusing-the Process and the Naming of the Scene Contollers for a old guy like me. We already use a the word (Scene feature)? I wish you could choose and set the parameters the way you want them in each scene and use the save button. Not complaining but I'm sure it will get better in the next firmwares.

+1,000,000. Hehe...

I'd like to propose that the programmers at fractal write a code that makes anything Sean says go directly to wiki :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I also would appreciate a video done to get it layer out and link the MFC step by step. I started to set it up last summer and there was some big aspect of using the scenes that prevented me from finishing the set up. Somehow I think all that has been resolved and I still do not know how to do it.
Maybe we can start a *beer fund* for someone to do the tutorial??

Back
Top Bottom