More Power

Remember...the cpu load is only a warning. I have one huge preset using 92%.....and yes...there is a warning...but everything is working perfectly.
I bet you're not using expression pedals, are you?

They start to get really laggy above like 82-85%.

Last edited:
That's kind of weird. Might as just well make 90% read as 100% then.
It has been brought up many times over the years. Then people would question how the CPU could read over 100%, or why it still might “work” at very very high numbers.

I believe the owners manual discusses this concept, and we can’t do much more than hope people read it for understanding.

It has been brought up many times over the years. Then people would question how the CPU could read over 100%, or why it still might “work” at very very high numbers.

I believe the owners manual discusses this concept, and we can’t do much more than hope people read it for understanding.

True. I'm fine with the current setup. I don't have enough creative vision to get past 50% on my patches.

I still run some pedals for things like reverb, pitch, looper, chorus, delay, etc. I know, not using all the features of the units, but it's way hard for me to dial some of those in on the III than to just twist a knob.

I still run some pedals for things like reverb, pitch, looper, chorus, delay, etc. I know, not using all the features of the units, but it's way hard for me to dial some of those in on the III than to just twist a knob.
Yeah, I kinda wish there was a good, practical way for me to have the H9 Max in my rack with my Axe Fx, but there's just not enough room unless I want to plug/unplug it every time. But that would save me some of the Axe's DSP since I love my H9, but only for the reverbs.

In all fairness, I had done extensive testing with different materials years ago to see how to reduce noise (a topic near and dear to my heart). The gold was the least noisy, but there were diminishing returns as well, for eg a gold plated cable would yield similar results, but for a fraction of the cost. Most modern cables are pretty good now, and you'd be hard pressed to tell any difference.....just stay away from the cheap cables, they will suck up your tone like a slurpee.

I'd not pay for those cables either though, no matter how good :rolleyes:

WOW...... Let me thank EVERYONE for all of the great suggestions!! This really helps.

In my case I was able to have one cab instead of the two I had, and "share" it between my string bass presets and my fiddle presets. This brought me down to about 60%. Then I was able to add the reverb to the string bass preset, which really sweetened it up. I'm lookin' to make a video on something I'm putting together and I'll post in the video forum.

I will definitely try these ideas on a few other presets I have that are up in the 80s.

Thank you again - this community forum is really the "extra value" with the Axe!!!

Hi Alex,
You could double your power and maintain a simpler configuration if you told the bass player to get his own axe fx!
Thanks
Pauly

H

I am the bass player and the fiddle player......... I put octave strings on my electric violin and it sounds like a cello, put a shift block on it, and it sounds so close to a string bass, most folks wouldn't know if they didn't me play it

Back
Top Bottom