...More On Pops

Tonemaster

Inspired
If I have the Axe II on and I boot up my computer, at some point in the boot process, usually when the screen comes up, there is a very sharp, sometimes loud (depending on the volume on the Axe) pop that comes through my speakers. Last night I had a loud patch with the volume pedal at full volume and the pop was extremely loud!

When I tried to bring up Axe Edit I kept getting the "Microsoft encountered an application error, do you want to send it ...." message box. So I could not bring up Axe Edit and ended up having to reinstall it. The Axe Driver was also not showing anything connected, even though I rebooted the Axe several times. So, I reinstalled the driver as well.

Does anyone get these pops? To be clear it's a single, very sharp pop. I"m guessing that's what caused me to have to reinstall Axe Edit, but I'm not sure. That never happened before.

Very wierd!

I get the same thing when I power on the pc after I have powered on my external edirol soundcard. I guess it happens just when the pc loads the drivers for the device during boot up. It just makes a loud pop and that's it, you're ready to go after that.
Do you get the same pop when you have the pc with the OS loaded and then turn on the axe?

Yes, this pop is normal. Just power up your monitors or power amp AFTER the Axe is powered up and connected to the computer.

Kind of 'if I hit my head with a hammer it hurts' range.

No, I'm not being snotty, but if you know something goes 'pop'...don't do it.

Ron

Kind of 'if I hit my head with a hammer it hurts' range.

No, I'm not being snotty, but if you know something goes 'pop'...don't do it.

Ron

Not being snooty either, but....wouldn't it be better to ask the community if they are experiencing the same thing (which is what I was trying to do) and 2) if the community responds to the affirimative, acknowledge there may a problem that needs to be addressed. If it's just a few people, it's probaly not the product but we don't know until we have the discussion.

It happens all the time, great products get better this way.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom