1. Recent events require us to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. July 27 2018 - support.fractalaudio.com is temporarily down for updates. Please use this forum for support or see the "News" section here for additional details. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

Wish More midi control

Discussion in 'AX8 Wishes + Bugs' started by InsideOut, Mar 11, 2018.

1. InsideOut

InsideOut
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

The AX8 has the ability to send PC commands on the 8 scenes. This means it can be used as a floor controller for the AxeFX II (or III eventually I would guess). I've tried this and it works quite well to change presets on the II.

It would be great if this functionality was expanded to CC commands as well. That way, a preset on the AX8 could select a preset on the Axe II, but also change scenes.

In other words, you could use the AX8 as your foot controller for the AxeFx and also have it function as a backup if anything happened to the AxeFx, or by itself if you just needed a grab and go for a smaller gig.

Moke likes this.
  2. InsideOut

InsideOut
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

I'm a little surprised this hasn't gotten any discussion. Am I the only one that thinks it would be cool if the AX8 had a foot controller mode? it has the buttons and the brains, why not have that functionality?

3. Admin M@

Admin M@
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Fractal Audio Systems Moderator

This has been discussed in other threads. It's not possible now but you never know what the future may bring.

milan67 and InsideOut like this.
  4. InsideOut

InsideOut
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Thanks Matt! I did search and kept coming up with blank. Sorry to bring up an already talked about topic. Hopefully someday Cliff et al can work their magic.

5. pauliusmm

pauliusmm
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

I would prefer a midi block.