I'm not radioguy, and this is mostly daydreaming:
Feel free to add to my list or point out anything that doesn't make sense!
- Rackmount 1 U
- Connects to AxeFX via USB
- Connects to computer via USB
- Has SD card slot... load/save sounds, expand storage (hours of recording time!)
- Can record/play multiple tracks (configuration via Axe Edit)
- Standalone (more expensive) version has a lot of knobs and a few expression pedal ins and independent stereo outs
- Integrated version only has ports for USB, SD and power - all other routing goes through Axe-FX (and FC-6 or 12 sends commands to AxeFX which in turn sends to looper.
Wouldn’t it be simpler to just have a rack version of a looper that responds to midi and is connected via the effects loop of the axe? That would be my first thought. That would mean the ace can stay as it is. (No extra usb port) I say extra usb port because the one it has is alwayis linked to my laptop.