More Liquidfoot Pro help, please!

joeparker2

hey all...i've been trying to get this working for two days now, and am pulling my hair out. i have a pro, an ultra, and two mission sp1lf's. i want to use the pro in six button mode, and use all the s buttons for stomp box on/off capabilities. i have all my cc #'s set up, have all the s buttons assigned to blocks in the ultra, assigned the cc #'s, and...nothing. the lights turn on and off, but i'm hearing nothing in terms of drives/verbs/delays turning on and off. i haven't even tried to hook up the mission pedals yet. i've looked at voes pages, and even have a pm out to him, but haven't had any luck yet. anyone want to give me a hand? much appreciated!

jp

You need to go into the I/O menu on the Axe-Fx, under controllers you assign which CC# controls which effects.

You can scroll to whatever effect you want, press enter and the Axe will be in "learn mode" and then press the appropriate IA switch on the liquidfoot and you should see the CC# next to the chosen effect (for example scroll and highlight drive1, press <enter>,then press S1 on the liquidfoot and you should see whatever CC you assigned to S1 come up).

hmmm...i must be missing a step somewhere. did all that. it seemed to work for a minute. at one point turning individual effects on or off with the ia switches completely switched what was happening...a bunch of effects turned off, and then nothing would restore the preset to what it was before. i just received this lf pro used through the forums, and hate to think that it's not functioning properly. however, i suck hard at midi. any thoughts?

jp

I would start by reinitializing the LFP. Make sure the send real-time sysex in the Axe-Fx is turned off for now.

Just try and get 1 or 2 things to work first...I know when I got mine I would set up all the IA's and then mess up and have to reinitialize it and start over.

Good luck.

I agree.
Best to start with a blank slate. I unintentionally reset my LF Pro with a careless press.

so..
i've gone through, reinitialized the lf pro, went through the ultra and made sure everything was lined up, assigned the s buttons, turned off the sysex talk, set it up for auto program cc and clear midi msgs (from the readme_PRO.txt for 9.03), autoloaded and...half success. program change - check. s1-s6 turning individual effects on and off - check. s7-s15 - nothing. s16 does, however, work for tuner on/off. i know i'm getting close, but am definitely stymied now. i can't see what i'm doing differently on the other buttons...they are lighting up when those effect blocks come online for different patches, but that's it. thoughts?

by the way, thanks so much to everyone here...this really is a great community.

jp

Back
Top Bottom