More Kitty Sadness

After losing two of our cats this year we had to amputate Cosmo's leg yesterday. Had a fibrous sarcoma that was too invasive. These are "injection site" tumors caused by vaccines.

We got him back when we lived in Massachusetts and they have a law that requires pets to get rabies vaccinations regardless of whether they are indoor cats or not. Those vaccines are horrible.

I had another cat die of cancer that I swear was caused by that vaccine. He was a healthy, vibrant cat that I rescued. Brought him in for a checkup around three years old and they told me that the law now required him to get a rabies vaccine. He was never the same after that. The next day he was all listless and cried when I tried to pat him. Shortly thereafter he had lumps all over his body.

We tried chometherapy but the cancer was so aggressive that he was dead within a few months.

Strangely enough the vaccine law was backed by the company that makes the vaccine. NH has a similar law but you can opt out by signing a declaration that your pet is indoors-only.

Oh my God! This freaks me out. We get our indoor only cat vaccinated just because. I stopping that right now!!!!

After losing two of our cats this year we had to amputate Cosmo's leg yesterday. Had a fibrous sarcoma that was too invasive. These are "injection site" tumors caused by vaccines.

We got him back when we lived in Massachusetts and they have a law that requires pets to get rabies vaccinations regardless of whether they are indoor cats or not. Those vaccines are horrible.

I had another cat die of cancer that I swear was caused by that vaccine. He was a healthy, vibrant cat that I rescued. Brought him in for a checkup around three years old and they told me that the law now required him to get a rabies vaccine. He was never the same after that. The next day he was all listless and cried when I tried to pat him. Shortly thereafter he had lumps all over his body.

We tried chometherapy but the cancer was so aggressive that he was dead within a few months.

Strangely enough the vaccine law was backed by the company that makes the vaccine. NH has a similar law but you can opt out by signing a declaration that your pet is indoors-only.
Wow, So sorry for your pets, your loss and your frustration! I thought I was protecting my dog with a tick collar. This Bayer product has severe health warnings for humans on the label in Europe but none here. Found out that a significant % of dogs have organ failure after using this product with some showing reactions within days of being exposed to this collar.

Sorry to hear about your situation Cliff. Now that you mention about the shots, my favorite cat named Thrice died at 18 months and had bumps where he got his shots and my vet told me not to worry about them but now it makes me wonder. They said the reason he died was bc the shelter I got him from fixed him at 4 weeks which was too early and caused bad scare tissue, so he died of a really bad urinary tract infection and blockage.

Thrice was the coolest cat I ever had. I got him after having a medical procedure and still high out of my mind from what ever they had me on and some how drove to the local animal shelter and adopted him haha. When the drugs wore off I thought one of the neighbors kittens got into my apartment but then I noticed the adoption papers on the kitchen table.

I had 2 dogs at the time, Sully a male American Bulldog and Corey a female Rottweiler. Thrice and the Sully became best buds almost instantly. Thrice ruled the house and was alpha male.

Thrice was an indoor cat but always tried to escape when I let the dogs out. Well one day he got out and ran into the dog kennel with the dogs, squatted in sync with the dogs did his business and then ran back in with them. From that day on he went to the bathroom in the dog kennel and never attempted to escape from the kennel and never used his litter box again.

I got him a harness and used to walk him with the dogs. A few months before he died I got a 3rd dog, Gucci a female Cane Corso. The look on people's faces when I'd be walking the American Bulldog, Rottweiler, Cane Corso and the cat all at once and Thrice was always leading. It makes me sad just thinking about him while writing this. I have an old website from over 10 years ago that I made for them www.GotLotsOfPets.com

Here's a pic of them. I miss them all dearly.

HPIM0613.jpg

That sucks man. I miss our cat too. They are all unique. Love my dogs and cats. I had $7000 into fixing hips on my boxer , ( that we "rescued" as a puppy for $200 , from a rough scene.)
Anyways - hope he does ok. Lucky you cared enough to do what you had to do.
- And you've made a good enough argument to break that law. Best of luck to you and your cat sir.

Sorry for your loss. For what it's worth, the coolest cat I ever met only had 3 legs and got around fine. Hope yours adjusts, too.

@FractalAudio Sorry to read this man. We've lost two of our kitties in the last 2 years and the last one has just been diagnosed with kidney disease. They were/are all older cats (17-20 yrs old) but still doesn't make it any easier. I feel for ya.

Back
Top Bottom