More IR tests, yay! (Plus a dual amp test as well) (OwnHammer and Fractal Content)

jlynnb1

Axe-Master
Hey guys, as always I'm messing about with IR's, chasing that 1% better than the already fantastic tones I get out of the Axe. Did a shootout of a a few IR's with the same reamp track using the Matchless patch I use 99% of the time. There's some Ownhammer, some Fractal, some stock....I won't see which as to not bias anyone, lol! Tell me what you think!!

I've never been a dual amp person, didn't really see the advantage. I decided to play with it a bit. Here is the same reamp through the same IR's just using the dual amp patch. Tell me if you think it adds anything or if the Matchless sounds just as good or better on it's own! Thanks for listening!

Hey Jason,

I like 4 and 6 the best. Mind you there isn't a huge glaring difference to my ears. But 4 and 6 to me sound better. I don't like what the the bass tone sounds like when you drop to what I guess is you neck pick up for that last chord before the ending riff on the other ir's.

Yeah, they aren't drastically different. First two are greenback mixes comparable to a stock Matchless cab, next 2 are 212s with a blue/silver mix, 5th is a factory mix and last is a 212 with blues.

I love the tones you got on the Matchless. They were all great, just different. I didn't like the dual amp, it took the gain and attack away from it. Idk, like it sounds compressed. Can you share your matchless preset and ir recipes? I just bought the 2 latest ownhammer including the Justin York pack.

I love the tones you got on the Matchless. They were all great, just different. I didn't like the dual amp, it took the gain and attack away from it. Idk, like it sounds compressed. Can you share your matchless preset and ir recipes? I just bought the 2 latest ownhammer including the Justin York pack.

+1

The one I like the most is the 4th repetition of the first example.

honestly my favs were probably 2 and 3, lots more attack in those to my ears. but theyre all great really, loving those matchless tones!

I like the 1. and the 4. most - don´t which IR you´ve used.

What guitar have you played?

The Dual-Amp-recording sounds not good - where are the Highs?

Reamping for IR comparing is not really "true" - another IR on the same Amp would make you Play in another way, what a Reamping could not do.

I like the 1. and the 4. most - don´t which IR you´ve used.

What guitar have you played?

The Dual-Amp-recording sounds not good - where are the Highs?

Reamping for IR comparing is not really "true" - another IR on the same Amp would make you Play in another way, what a Reamping could not do.

most feel reamping is most accurate because you get the same playing dynamics, etc. and since these were all the same type tones I wouldn't have attacked any differently.

Back
Top Bottom