Wish More instances of Looper block

It would require cutting the time in half.
Would it be possible to make them parallel to each other? Meaning syncing them together in a division of measures. One loop could be one measure long and the next could be a multiplied length of those measures. Are two blocks necessary or could this be accomplished in one looper block with multiple loop lines?

If there were two instances of the looper available, with even half the funcitonality OP wishes for, I'd buy an FC-12 in addition to the FC-6 I already have; no question.

Johnny A recently asked about adding a second "Track" to the looper. He wants to replace his 3rd party Loopers with the one in the Axe-Fx III. I looked into it and it's a pretty intricate change to spec out. The average 2-track looper has some sophisticated sync options. Two looper blocks would be nice, but not the same thing. On one hand you have things like Multiply, Loop Length synchronization, and quantized polyrhythmic loop length. On the other hand you have the more freeform "Steve Reich" type displaced loop stuff.

I think people only want a second looper block because they don't know how amazingly robust y'all at FAS can make the one we've already got :)

I would prefer a second block because of the routing capability it would offer. Could we have the options to sync them together ?

Maybe at preset level a few parameters :
Loops sync : on/off
Loop 2 size (multiply factor from loop 1) : 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, 3, 4

Johnny A recently asked about adding a second "Track" to the looper. He wants to replace his 3rd party Loopers with the one in the Axe-Fx III. I looked into it and it's a pretty intricate change to spec out. The average 2-track looper has some sophisticated sync options. Two looper blocks would be nice, but not the same thing. On one hand you have things like Multiply, Loop Length synchronization, and quantized polyrhythmic loop length. On the other hand you have the more freeform "Steve Reich" type displaced loop stuff.
It is complex. Fade, start at end of the previous loop, multipliers, non-sync’d loops. But it’d be great.

At least 2 loops in the single loop block would be preferred. Verse and chorus sections which can alternate when one is done playing (on command). Or loop a “drum part” for 1 bar then loop a guitar part for however many multiples over that first loop.

The Voicelive or RC300 are great examples of how this could work.

If you like to use the looper block at the end of the chain, then having another instance would be great for a second chain\output.

The Voicelive or RC300 are great examples of how this could work.

This comment and this thread got me to thinking, and I did some brief reading and youtubing of the RC-300 and the Electro-Harmonix 95000. Apparently, if I recall correctly from what I read this afternoon, if the RC-300 is attached by midi cable to another device, they can be synced. So I'm wondering if say an FM3 could be synced with an RC-300?

It would require cutting the time in half.
So.. It's possible? That would be great. Sign me up for a +1

I'd be happy for an overdub that I can independently start stop. Even.. 'undo the undo' would be helpful if that's an easy addition.

Isn’t that possible now?

You can undo and take the recent overdub away, but you can’t undo the undo which I take to mean bring it back again....

Basically I think it’s asking for the ability to have the overdub as a second layer which you can turn on and off, or overdub itself, erase and start over etc, all the while keeping the original layer intact

Would open up a lot of cool potential

Isn’t that possible now?
Maybe? I haven't seen it though. Tonight I'll try just hitting undo again, maybe it's there today.
@lqdsnddist has it right. Perhaps I should have called it redo, and yes, to add and remove the overdub but be able to bring it back.
My thoughts are when playing solo acoustic, first loop is a beat of some kind, overdub some chords used through the verses,
Stop the overdub for each chorus, but add it back in from the start of the next verse - great as you get into a breakdown, solo, whatever

Maybe? I haven't seen it though. Tonight I'll try just hitting undo again, maybe it's there today.
@lqdsnddist has it right. Perhaps I should have called it redo, and yes, to add and remove the overdub but be able to bring it back.
My thoughts are when playing solo acoustic, first loop is a beat of some kind, overdub some chords used through the verses,
Stop the overdub for each chorus, but add it back in from the start of the next verse - great as you get into a breakdown, solo, whatever
B10883E1-0BF7-4949-9790-565776BC6D2C.jpeg

N Multiple loop blocks, each with loop length 5.8/N, is fine with me AS LONG AS as time is dynamically allocated per patch based on number of loop blocks in that patch and not pre-subdivded and fixed in firmware (i.e., time unit for any single loop is locked down to max time allowed for the max possible number of loops allowed) .

So if I want one, and only one loop block I get the full 5.8 minutes, or if I want this patch to have two loop blocks each gets the full 5.8 min/2 length, etc.

Even at that I will still keep my Jamman Soloist XT in the the AXE FX III FX loop because of JM's microSD card and its ability to record and keep loops and backing tracks on those cards. Syncing multiple JM pedals is a feature the JM has but I've never needed.

Yes, please expand the looper. I'd love for the AXE FX III Looper to do everything my Boomerang III looper can do, but I'd settle just for having multiple loops that can be serial or parallel (and parallel loops can be n times loner than the original), even if it was all in the same block. But if it can be done via separate blocks, that would be even more cool.

While we are at it, how about a fade out function? I've tried to rig this various ways, but nothing short of a manual expression pedal seems to work.

Back
Top Bottom