Wish More instances of Looper block

HurdyGuigui

Inspired
I would like to be able to have several instances of the looper block, just like any other effect :).
At least 2 instances, but 4 if possible. Each looper would have his own assignable midi/FC controls

Use cases :
1 - Differents parts of a song :
You can record a verse in Looper 1
You can record a chorus in Looper 2
Then you have 2 loops that you can play with.

2 - Creative looping effects :
You can do different loops that will create some interesting polyrithmic stuff.
You can loop a loop, think about it :)

3 - Multitrack looping :
Now this is where it become very interesting :D.
Imagine you have 2 loopers blocks, You set up the controls so that both loopers function with the same comands, the loopers are in total sync : when you press REC on your pedalboard, both looper rec, same for play/stop/undo....
THEN :
-By muting/unmuting the input of a looper you decide which looper you feed. This can be done with modifiers, or volume/filter/any block before the looper.
-By muting/unmuting the output of a looper, you decide which track you play. This can be done with modifiers, or volume/filter/any block after the looper.
This can also work with scenes !
Exemple :
Scene 1 : Looper 1 is unmuted, you feed looper 1 ( you record some rythm on looper 1)
Scene 2 : Both looper are unmuted, you feed only looper 2 (you record some melody on looper 2)
Scene 3 : Looper 1 is muted, you still hear looper 2, and you still feed looper 2 (you cut the rythm, and you overdub your melody with a nice counterpoint)
Scene 4 : looper 1 and 2 are unmuted (the rythm is back, and you can do an epic solo over your epic multilooped backing track).

We could even allow up to 4 instances, that would be 4 different loops !

Why more instances of the looper block and not a 2 (3 or 4) tracks looper in the looper block?
I think this would give more flexibility for each loops : You can route each looper where you want, put effects after or before each looper.

Ok I admit, this wish... this actually is my biggest one for the AXE fx III... Multitrack looping inside the Axe... Let's dream ! :)

I saw the release notes about 1.9 and this is already a really good step forward for the looper, awesome job !

Two instances of the looper would be awesome. Mostly I'm interested in it for being able to multitrack loops. For example to record some chords or pads into one looper, then switch scenes to another sound and record some rhythm, then switch to a lead scene and play overtop of both. Then be able to delete the rhythm and record something else there. etc.

If it's a memory limitation, I don't even mind if the maximum loop length is cut in half to accommodate two loopers. 2.5 minutes would be more than enough.

That's why I made an acoustic pedal board based around my TC Electronic Ditto X4 and Roland SPD1:Kick.
2 independent loops that either sync or alternate can be very musical.
Sync is good for 1 bar drum loop and a longer chord progression. Alternate is good for A/B sections.

2 shorter loops would be pretty cool for a lot of stuff really, and being able to start/stop them independently could be nice for chorus and verse stuff.

1 loop is hard enough for me to sync right lol, but an option for a second loop with reduced time on both I think would be a cool feature.

Adding a synced or independent loop time also would be pretty cool

2 shorter loops would be pretty cool for a lot of stuff really, and being able to start/stop them independently could be nice for chorus and verse stuff.

1 loop is hard enough for me to sync right lol, but an option for a second loop with reduced time on both I think would be a cool feature.

Adding a synced or independent loop time also would be pretty cool

Yeah would have to rig up an oh shit things are going crazy bypass button.

Last edited:
I’d be down with 3 loops and the time divided by 1/3rd even lol.

I often use the looper more as a phrase sampler, not trying to play back a smoothly synced loop, but just record things like a swell or ambient pad sound.

Then I like to be able to trigger that phrase as needed, single shot style.

Would be really cool to imagine a FC12 in a looper layout with multiple loops which could each be triggered, or layered, etc all at one’s feet. Maybe add a few exp pedals and each one could be loop volume level so you could mix parts on the fly....

2 or 4 would be fine, more than that probably unnecessary. With just one looper I need to use an external pedal in the FX loop, which I would prefer not to require. It also means you can’t put the loopers at different points in the signal path, they all have to be in the same spot.

I would love multiple loops that are integrated. I mentioned this idea a while ago. Having a loop for Verse and Chorus would be great, and having one start after the other one comes to the end of its loop would be even better.

I personally would prefer discreet Start/Stop and Record buttons, rather than a “target loop” or “active” method for control.

I’d be down with 3 loops and the time divided by 1/3rd even lol.

I often use the looper more as a phrase sampler, not trying to play back a smoothly synced loop, but just record things like a swell or ambient pad sound.

Then I like to be able to trigger that phrase as needed, single shot style.

Would be really cool to imagine a FC12 in a looper layout with multiple loops which could each be triggered, or layered, etc all at one’s feet. Maybe add a few exp pedals and each one could be loop volume level so you could mix parts on the fly....

+1 for 2 loops (or maybe 3).

Look what Phil Keaggy can do with two loops.

There are some cool iOS looper apps which allow multiple loops, midi and ableton sync etc. might work well to put one into a loop, then use a Bluetooth foot controller to turn the loops on/off, and they would allow be tempo synced to each other automatically

I’m thinking this might prove a bit more effective than hoping for a second FAS loop, and certainly less expensive than buying a loop station or similar, provides you have an old iPhone or iPad laying around

Back
Top Bottom