More info on the presets?

bulgmaf

Inspired
Does anyone (Yek, perhaps?) have any additional info on the factory presets, such as specific song, band, etc? Some are easy to figure out (Pride 'n Joy, Lonely Heart Solo), while I'm not sure of the background of other presets. I'd kind of like to try them out in their proper context 8)

Probably obvious, but many of them don't have any context. They just sound cool. :)

But others are definitely "inspired" by a certain band or song, and are named with varying levels of cryptography to indicate it as such. I don't know if anyone's ever put together a list, but it might be fun to do so. Especially because some are going to be more obvious to some people then they are to others. For example, I'm 32 (and a big U2 fan), so I know right away that "Nameless Streets" is a U2 sound, but there are a few names that sound kind of familiar to me but I'd have to look up what the reference is...probably before my time.

Yeah, I think a list would be cool for those presets inspired by an actual song or player. Like I said, I'm enjoying trying them out in context. For example, I got inspired to learn GNR "Sweet Child O' Mine" because of the Preset. Sounds dead-on with my Les Paul in the neck position, and quite fun I might add. Now I just need to find a certain hat...

Back
Top Bottom