More great AC-30 tone with 6.02

Axeman

Experienced
I'm finally getting around to my tutorial for AIWIY. I went through basic core tone with my Strat and Kinmans in this part. No tone matching here. Axe II just gets better and better. You can start to here the clarity, crispness and chime. I could never get this with the Ultra. Quack and neck position sound amazing.

Wow...luv this patch!!! (Strat with Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pups + nice breakup crunch using RG w/Tone Zone bridge pup w/out drive)
Thank you!
Greg

Thx! I made a lot of changes to the original default parameters especially a few of the advanced parameters. Less icy picky trebles and more mids. The new AC-30s have a ridiculous bright cap - way to much. The older AC-30s seems to have a more balanced tone. I aimed for more of a '60s AC-30TB tone. Cliff's adds over the years also helped a lot, obviously.

Michael,
I need to share this with you. I loved so much your tone, that I purchased woodstock pups. I've just finished installing them on my Strat. The first thing I did: load your preset, put my strat on quack and... wow... it sounds perfectly. Thank you so much. PS: I emailed Mr Kinman to tell him that you are his best sponsor!

Michael,
I need to share this with you. I loved so much your tone, that I purchased woodstock pups. I've just finished installing them on my Strat. The first thing I did: load your preset, put my strat on quack and... wow... it sounds perfectly. Thank you so much. PS: I emailed Mr Kinman to tell him that you are his best sponsor!

Very kind of you, but seems the two most important people in the equation are Cliff and Kinman! I just use them together and spend lots of time turning dials! Oh, and thank Edge also because it's his tone I'm in search of. The question is did Cliff model Edge's amp when they were in the studio with him? Hmmmm...

M

Scraping the strings while picking seems to be your thing. Is that something you picked up (hahahaha) from the Edge or is that just something you do?

Back
Top Bottom