More Friedman ASM-12 Love.

xbearxau

Just had my ASM-12 delivered and i gotta say its fabulous.
Tonally its everything I could want in a FRFR cab. The mid punch is solid like a proper speaker cab and not scooped at all. All the IR's Ive tried so far sound great and my presets translate from my Fostex 3way monitors to the ASM without a hitch.
Bottom end is fat and tight with no boomyness in sight. Top end is sweet with no piercing qualities, even though the cab is set on the floor as a wedge pointing straight at my face. For a 280w amp its adequetly loud.

Weight is the only issue but as I wont be moving it a great deal its not too much of a concern.

Handle placement is just plain stupid. Ill be fitting a matching handle to the top side so it can be picked up and put down in the correct orientation without having to flip it over to get to the damn thing.

At $1300 which is what we pay in Australia its certainly not cheap, but I think its worth every cent. Bearing in mind my Matrix GT800FX costs around $800 to get one here its not a bad price for an active cab.

Unfortunately I dont have the means to get a decent recording of it. Youll just have to take my word that its sounds great! lol.

I bought it from Deluxe Guitars in Sth Melbourne. I believe i got their last one but they could just have been saying that to get me to buy it.

Not sure what this means but got this from the website:

Power Output: LF: 270Wrms Class G / HF: 80Wrms Class AB+B

Maximum total burst power*: 500W

As mentioned, this sucker is loud!!! I have the Friedman turned up halfway (mentioned in manual that it is a good spot) and when playing at home I have to keep the Axe-FX output knob at about 9 o'clock. Has a lot of power!

Had a few hours crank time with Georgy tonight and the ASM-12's out did themselves in stereo.
Its just a wall of sound thats really hard to comprehend. Its the first time Ive ever spent the whole night runnng FRFR without thinking about it being FRFR.........basically 4 hours of 80's metal tones at ear bleeding levels!!!!!!!
A stereo pitch detuned Cameron CCV through the Friedmans sound like Van Halen in concert, we both spent the whole night grinning from ear to ear.

awesome - I can imagine how cool that must of been !!!! :encouragement:

....I'm going to have to give Deluxe Guitars a call to see if they have stock !

Had a few hours crank time with Georgy tonight and the ASM-12's out did themselves in stereo.
Its just a wall of sound thats really hard to comprehend. Its the first time Ive ever spent the whole night runnng FRFR without thinking about it being FRFR.........basically 4 hours of 80's metal tones at ear bleeding levels!!!!!!!
A stereo pitch detuned Cameron CCV through the Friedmans sound like Van Halen in concert, we both spent the whole night grinning from ear to ear.

I'M SOLD! ORDERING NOW.....

I'M SOLD! ORDERING NOW.....

100% spot on. Amaze. Our two ASMs together in a stereo setup = get the tissue box ready! I have never heard anything like that. And between Gaz and myself, we've had A LOT of GOOD gear over the years (Bogner XTC, BE100, Dirty Shirley, EVH-gear, ENGL, Splawn, Marshalls, H&K etc etc), and this setup is easily up there as one of the best in terms of sound, tone, volume, and flexibility.

..............we've had A LOT of GOOD gear over the years (Bogner XTC, BE100, Dirty Shirley, EVH-gear, ENGL, Splawn, Marshalls, H&K etc etc), and this setup is easily up there as one of the best in terms of sound, tone, volume, and flexibility.

You know I wouldnt want anyone of those amps now. I mean they were great but its just too much fun having all of them in one box without the limitations of a set pedal board and one cab. Im really gassing for another ASM now :shock

As a side note I just fired up my rig at home after playing last night..........................I cant believe thats how loud we were jamming. My dog just turned herself inside out after the first A chord. lol.

You know I wouldnt want anyone of those amps now. I mean they were great but its just too much fun having all of them in one box without the limitations of a set pedal board and one cab. Im really gassing for another ASM now :shock

As a side note I just fired up my rig at home after playing last night..........................I cant believe thats how loud we were jamming. My dog just turned herself inside out after the first A chord. lol.

:lol:lol:lol wait... isn't she deaf?! :shock

So, you're trying to tell us that we can't trust your hearing then, right? Exactly how often do you do this? ;)

Unfortunately not often enough. Im mainly play at home but Im lucky enough to live on 5 acres where the nearest house is 100m away. I can get as loud as I want when my wife's outside working the horses. Doesnt mean I do though. Insane volumes are kept for brief 5 minute blasts at a rehersal room like on Friday.
If it didnt sound stellar, it would never have gotten turned up :cheerful:

Back
Top Bottom