More FANTASTIC service from G66 !!

paulmapp8306

Fractal Fanatic
Some may know I had a fault with my axe - or so I thought. One of my patches showed ghost notes, or double notes when played hard and high up the neck. Also some distortion on pristine clean patches when struck hard.

I checked with some factory presets and the squeeky clean showed the same. I made a patch with the boutique amp sims - same thing.

I tried it with 3 guitars, with cable and wireless going in, with Jack and XLR comming out to both Amp/Cab and direct to my PC. I tried both front and rear inputs. I even took the axe out of the rack, and used completely different cables. I rolled back the OS to 9.00, then to 8.xx - still the same thing.

Well I was stumped.

Contacted G66, and Sussi arranged a collection for the next day. 2 Days later they had it (from UK) and despite it being a weekend, worked on it on Saturday. They couldnt find a problem, and A/Bd it with one of their Axe's - still nothing. Monday Sussi asked me for exact details so they could try and replecate what I was hearing, which I gave.

Come Tuesday G66 still couldnt find a fault. Well Im happy its not the axe but a little ??. What if It came back and I still had the fault? was I the only one who could hear it? I asked Suzzi what would happen and she said "dont worry - we cant find any problem but well replace your axe anyway just in case"

How good is that !!! All this and Ive owned the Axe from Sep 08 !!! Every other manufacturer/distributor wouldnt even have looked at it without me shipping to them, and paying for the investigation. They certainly woundn't have replaced it if they couldn't find a fault.

If I can still hear the sounds - Ill have to investigate RF or Power interference in my room or the rack - but at least Im confident it isnt the Axe.

Another example of the fantastic customer support from Fractal and its associated distributors/importers. Cant speak highly enough of them.

You got robbed. Don't you know Vintage Axe-Fxs are worth more? They have better tone once they're broken in.

Hahahaha.. but seriously that is fantastic service. :D

So Paul, did you get your new Axe-FX? How is it?

I've got a ghost note thing going too.

Back
Top Bottom