Wish More Channels?

I think the limitation is that all channels used in a preset are actually loaded and initialized when you load the preset. More channels would increase loading time and CPU usage.

I think.

Other than that I have the same wish.
I don't think they are...

I guess there are pros and cons for having a flexible amount of presets available. There could maybe be a short common code for "empty"channels, if there is not already. So the channel would not contain all the parameters, but just an "unused" message.

Since scenes are often used to switch channels, the number of channels should probably match the number of scenes. In any case, if memory is scarce, there should probably be a notion of channel allocation, so memory isn't wasted on channels that will never be used. As for whether increasing the number of channels is a better use of memory than the current number of presets, IMHO I'd say yes.

More channels might also increase the load time for presets as well. More data to load into RAM. Nothing's free.

More channels might also increase the load time for presets as well. More data to load into RAM. Nothing's free.
If the number of channels makes a measurable difference in preset load time, that’s all the more reason to only save/restore channels that are in use, regardless of whether the number of channels is increased.

Back
Top Bottom