Wish More Cabs with G12-65 or G12-80, or Heritage Rola (Late 70's or early 80's or reissue)

RackAddict

Previous handle "Djenter"
This is a very important wish. Sorry about my many but this is my last for this season.

But I am really wishing for more cab sims in various 4x12, 2x12 and 1x12 cabs with what I personally believe are the best sounding guitar speakers in history.

But im not sure exactly the model because ive heard this sound from both the G12-65 from late 70s/early 80s as well as the G12-80 also of late 70's/early 80s makes. I don't know if its the 444 cone or 1777 cone on either. Some rola Rola production perhaps.
And Im pretty sure the new Heritage Rola G12-65 has this sound too, but its the other cone that I thought didnt have that sound. Either the 444 or the 1777. Hard to say.

Im not sure if anyone is immediately familiar with that sound but it has very rich high mids but not as intrusive as a v30, and has more 3 dimensional sound in the upper mids that feel like they are medicine for your throat and mouth somehow.... a very strange analogy I know but always hard to explain frequencies but those ones sort of trigger that feel in me. But im basically done with the whole "need a v30 to sound good in metal" fad going around. Its actually becoming a tool that people depend on but I think the sound mentioned here can be an effective well-mixed weapon either on its own or blended in.

This guy in this link sort of has that sound. Sorry for phone audio. But I think that the new rola Heritage reissue sort of has that sound. I think from youtube demos. Although he says he is using the 80s. So its hard to pinpoint which one has that,very rich 3 dimensional upper midrange and balanced overall mids. This guy gets his to sound even better than Van Halen!

Last edited:
Not to mention using ideal mics on something like that. M160, U87, 4047, SM7b, White MD421-N, M201, seem to be the nicest sounding mics ive heard on guitar cabs. That Sm7b and M201 both sound like a less harsh and fuller sm57.

Second favorite speaker is the higher wattage current Creamback. The 75 watt I think. A speaker that would blend perfectly with the 65 or similar sounding old 80.

And on a side note, it seems newer speakers these days made in china with some exceptions that are ok like the K100, they have this very shrill earbleed sound. Rendering the crappy 57 not even usable.
Not even the black MD421 mic alone is sufficient on the crappy chinese speakers without blending other mics.

Also, the industry standard on classic rock to blend with the 57 was the White MD421 with the copper capsule. I think the 421-N it was called. Sounds light years different from the black MD-421.

Last edited:
The G12-65 speakers with 444 cones are really great sounding. I've got a pair of those from 1982 loaded in one of my cabs. The new versions of these speakers just don't sound nearly as good as the old ones.

This is a very important wish. Sorry about my many but this is my last for this season.

But I am really wishing for more cab sims in various 4x12, 2x12 and 1x12 cabs with what I personally believe are the best sounding guitar speakers in history.

But im not sure exactly the model because ive heard this sound from both the G12-65 from late 70s/early 80s as well as the G12-80 also of late 70's/early 80s makes. I don't know if its the 444 cone or 1777 cone on either. Some rola Rola production perhaps.
And Im pretty sure the new Heritage Rola G12-65 has this sound too, but its the other cone that I thought didnt have that sound. Either the 444 or the 1777. Hard to say.

Im not sure if anyone is immediately familiar with that sound but it has very rich high mids but not as intrusive as a v30, and has more 3 dimensional sound in the upper mids that feel like they are medicine for your throat and mouth somehow.... a very strange analogy I know but always hard to explain frequencies but those ones sort of trigger that feel in me. But im basically done with the whole "need a v30 to sound good in metal" fad going around. Its actually becoming a tool that people depend on but I think the sound mentioned here can be an effective well-mixed weapon either on its own or blended in.

This guy in this link sort of has that sound. Sorry for phone audio. But I think that the new rola Heritage reissue sort of has that sound. I think from youtube demos. Although he says he is using the 80s. So its hard to pinpoint which one has that,very rich 3 dimensional upper midrange and balanced overall mids. This guy gets his to sound even better than Van Halen!

Take a look at our product range. You will find A TON of G12-65 and G12-80 based stuff (in all versions) We have G12-65s built in a "Box of Rock" by Divided by 13/Bob Rock, and a great G12-65 loaded 4x12 Marshall cab from 1982.
Also Mesa MC-90 Black Shadow loaded cabs (4x12, 2x12) etc.....

Back
Top Bottom