More Basic Delay Blocks Wish

Anyone desire additional basic delay blocks?

• Total voters

DJD100

Power User
I usually need more than two of the basic delay blocks, and end up using dumb-downed multi-delays as basic delays though they are more resource intensive etc, so I'd like a couple of more basic delay blocks if possible, (up to 3 or 4 from the current 2).

My guess is that the OP is using a virtual rig approach and needs quite a few delays to cover different delay tempos in a patch. I have several patches like that for certain situations. My patches have an eighth, dotted eighth, and quarter note triplet delay.

I run mono, so I've toyed with the idea of using the dual delay panned hard l/r and using a controller to switch between them to free up one block. This would work I think if you use the Sum L/R output.

D

dk_ace said:
My guess is that the OP is using a virtual rig approach and needs quite a few delays to cover different delay tempos in a patch. I have several patches like that for certain situations. My patches have an eighth, dotted eighth, and quarter note triplet delay.

I run mono, so I've toyed with the idea of using the dual delay panned hard l/r and using a controller to switch between them to free up one block. This would work I think if you use the Sum L/R output.

D

You dont need to do that. You can pan them center and use the level controls to turn each on/off or use both.

javajunkie said:
dk_ace said:

D

You dont need to do that. You can pan them center and use the level controls to turn each on/off or use both.

Sometimes I overthink this stuff it seems....

Thanks! I've got a major patch overhaul coming up so I'm going to implement this. I've already got to re-do the amps, eqs, and comps because of 9.03, so why not reconfig the delays while I'm at it. I'm also going to change the way I route the effects. This should be fun!

D

Thanks Cliff, but my issue is routing as some delays work on various elements of the sound and are located at different places within the various FX chains, and their outputs are then routed to different destinations (Looper or to another Delay in series etc).

Oh well, I'll keep hoping someone votes my way though I could put an outboard Delay in the loop if need be, though I'm getting old and don't want the weight in the rack etc.

Thanks again for the Axe, it's flexibility is simply astounding...

FractalAudio said:
Use the "Dual Delay" type. That's two basically independent delays.

Thanks...

That would require Pedal Control would it not?

Could I do that with IA Switches?

I only have two pedals on my ART X-15 and don't want anymore on the floor.

javajunkie said:
dk_ace said:

D

DJD100 said:
Thanks...

javajunkie said:
dk_ace said:

D

It would not require pedal control as it can be done with I/A switches. I'll leave it to someone else to explain how as I haven't tried it yet and would probably give a pretty terrible explanation.

D

DJD100 said:
Thanks...

javajunkie said:
dk_ace said:

D

You can do it with IA switches. Set an external controller to the CC# of your IA switch. Attach a modifier to the left and right level. Modifier source should be the external controller you that is controlled by the IA. start and end should be 0-100% on one and 100-0% on the other.

When you hit the IA it will toggle between the 2 delay lines. You will have to share the drive and, high and low cut on both lines. You can assign each its own modulation though.

Thanks Sean, much appreciated!

This won't cure my need for additional delays due to routing issues, but it's good to know and it will let me get more out of what's available as the ART X-15 has plenty of IA's.

Doug

javajunkie said:
You can do it with IA switches. Set an external controller to the CC# of your IA switch. Attach a modifier to the left and right level. Modifier source should be the external controller you that is controlled by the IA. start and end should be 0-100% on one and 100-0% on the other.

When you hit the IA it will toggle between the 2 delay lines. You will have to share the drive and, high and low cut on both lines. You can assign each its own modulation though.

Ok, how about just one more Delay Block?

Using one for a Looper leaves you only one for Delay, and my routing's require more (4 would be best as now I'm foced to use dumbed down Multidelays which are resource hungry)?

Come on, one or two additional delays...

Have you tried the multidelay's 10-tap or Rhythm tap modes? Those actually use less CPU% than a normal delay if you use mono mode and 5 taps or less.

No I haven't, bit I will ASAP, thanks for the tip!

Bakerman said:
Have you tried the multidelay's 10-tap or Rhythm tap modes? Those actually use less CPU% than a normal delay if you use mono mode and 5 taps or less.

Back
Top Bottom