More Axe-FX II + Mesa Mark IV Metal Fury! Predecessor - Skin Deep

Here's another video of an instrumental version of a track from our new album. All guitars were recorded with an Axe-FX II with v12 firmware. The signal chain for rhythm guitars was an ESP NT-7 -> Duncan Distortion -> Axe FX-II (pre) -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV (power) -> Mesa traditional 4x12 -> SM57 -> API 3124 -> DIGI 192 I/O. All rhythm guitars were quad tracked and have virtually no post processing.

If you dig our stuff, add us on Facebook and help us out by picking up some music and merch from our Bandcamp site. Thanks Fractal!

Predecessor

https://www.facebook.com/predecessorband

I'm digging this. I'm so glad it wasn't another Cheerios/Binary Djent video. I love the rhythmic aspect of your playing.

Thanks for digging the stuff Fractal nation! We've got some reeeeeeeeeealy cool videos in the works and we'll put them up soon.

I'm digging this. I'm so glad it wasn't another Cheerios/Binary Djent video. I love the rhythmic aspect of your playing.

Thanks dude! I'm a product of 80's and 90's metal (Slayer, Pantera, REAL Metallica, etc.) so I'm all about some groove and classic riffing. I don't have anything against djent specifically, but there's certainly a lot of copycat generic drop-tuned crap floating around these days. I can't say that I blame them though...the kids seem to love it and it's really fun to dial in a sick tone on the Axe-II and just bang away on an open string. And there are definitely bands that have nailed it...Meshuggah has some brilliant stuff.

Back
Top Bottom