Wish More amp-in-a-box pedals!

I'd definitely like to see the ROCKMAN distortion, as this was THE amp-in-a-box of the '80's. Still use mine all the time. Also the "Emerald Green Distortion Machine" would be a good addition for the AC30 lovers, as it does sound different than the Xotic AC booster in our FX8.

+1 for amp in a box. I Actually started a thread about this yesterday in the wrong section ( sorry Fractal ) where I wished for a mini FX-8 ( similar size to a Strymon or Eventide factor series with buit in FX loop ( to accommodate a switcher ). But if they come up with new distortion sounds, that's work.

Here's what I'd like to see

Carl Martin
- Plexitone
- DC Drive
Analogman
- King Of Tone
Keeley
- Katana Blues
Odd fellows
- Caveman
JHS
- Charlie Brown
- Angry Charlie
Plus most of the AIAB from Wampler, Catalinbread, J Rocketts…

Think they'd sell a lot more FX-8 with these

can simulate some of the pedals, take an amp block turn off power amp put in front of another amp... say bogner blue or uberschall.

You can do that with the Axe Fx or Ax-8 … not the Fx-8 as it doesn't have amp modelling. I tried that technique with the Axe-fx. Only works with certain amps. I've seen that thread a while ago. Though, the amps that depends on Power Amp distortion ( i.e. Marshalls ) aren't gonna sound right.

Since we don't get amp and cab modeling, how about more amp-like overdrive pedals as a compromise?

Wampler Triplewreck
Bogner Ecstacy Blue
Radial Plexitube

Just to name a few of mine that I'm keeping in my rig, unless they get modeled in the FX8, and sound good.

What other ones would you guys like?
I really like this idea!

Not really an amp in a box, But a great tube boost - overdrive: Kingsley Page and Kingsley Minstrel. (Or Jester)

Back
Top Bottom