More acoustic stuff (Antoine Dufour)

Thanks everyone for checking the video out.

WOW! VERY Nice playing and sound.. What guitar is that? It sounds similar to my Rainsong JM1000.

It's a Babicz Spider. I really like it for layered acoustic sections (think Porcupine Tree, Anathema etc) but I don't particularly enjoy it when it comes to the percussive acoustic stuff. Then again I say this after having played a Lowden guitar which I guess I'll have to save up 3 years for.

As for the sound, I recorded direct and reamped it into 3 channels.

First was just the IR for guitar body, which I actually treated like a "kick drum channel". I approached the EQ and compression in the same way as I would for a kick.

The other channel was actually a patch posted here for making an electric sound acoustic, but I found it worked ok for the high end but was a bit brittle, but when I blended that with
the guitar body channel they seemed to compliment each other quite nicely.

The last channel was me 'reamping' the 2 channels and feeding it through the Axe's Studio Reverb to give the the whole mix some space. I really love the studio reverb model.

Last edited:
Beautiful, very beautiful.

I wish I could play a bit like that. I never understood how you get all this tones so strong without using trusty old techniqes. But I must admit I haven't really tried to practice something similar.

Back
Top Bottom