Mooer Shrooms

Stratman68

Axe-Master
I know there was a discussion about this but after 3 weeks with the Mooer Shrooms on my FM9 I have to say, what a difference. Yes I had the "other" brands, which seem to be OK on my FM3. I had removed all from my FM9 and was much happier without any add-ons. Until I got the shrooms...................
Love the Shrooms on the FM9.
P.S. My FM3 is in the closet and I have purchased enough shrooms to cover it also when I drag it out to update it....................
BTW, $6.xx on amazon..............................

I know there was a discussion about this but after 3 weeks with the Mooer Shrooms on my FM9 I have to say, what a difference. Yes I had the "other" brands, which seem to be OK on my FM3. I had removed all from my FM9 and was much happier without any add-ons. Until I got the shrooms...................
Love the Shrooms on the FM9.
P.S. My FM3 is in the closet and I have purchased enough shrooms to cover it also when I drag it out to update it....................
BTW, $6.xx on amazon..............................
Wow, thanks for turning me on to those! I generally play barefoot, and hitting my switches (FC12) is a less than pleasant experience without any foot coverings!! I think these would solve that problem or at least give me some dramatically improved tactile comfort!!!

Questions:
1. Have you tried the "Mooer Candy" and if so, can you tell a difference from the "Mooer Shrooms"?
2. Do they stay on pretty well?

Thanks again for bringing these to my attention!!!!

Wow, thanks for turning me on to those! I generally play barefoot, and hitting my switches (FC12) is a less than pleasant experience without any foot coverings!! I think these would solve that problem or at least give me some dramatically improved tactile comfort!!!

Questions:
1. Have you tried the "Mooer Candy" and if so, can you tell a difference from the "Mooer Shrooms"?

Hi, Moondog,

Yes, I've tried both. The Candy are vertical sided cylinders that work OK, but are more difficult to use from a sitting position. Better used standing up exclusively. The Shrooms are better for use while both sitting or standing. And no, you can't use them while lying down, though...;)

Both Candy and Shrooms stay on FM9, FM3, or FC6/FC12 buttons well. They will not likely fit on external switches, which require Barefoot Buttons.

Barefoot Big Bore Buttons work with external switches. They attach via set screws, whereas the Mooers just slide/press on.

Last edited:

Questions:

Never tried the candy but, for me, I do wear sneakers 99% of the time, they stay on really well. Also, I am not exactly "overly accurate" with my foot stomps and still they stay on. They are worth a shot, especially being super cheap, on Amazon anyway.

Hi, Moondog,

Yes, I've tried both. The Candy are vertical sided cylinders that work OK, but are more difficult to use from a sitting position. Better used standing up exclusively. The Shrooms are better for use while both sitting or standing. And no, you can't use them while lying down, though...;)

Both Candy and Shrooms stay on FM9, FM3, or FC6/FC12 buttons well. They will not likely fit on external switches, which require Barefoot Buttons.

Barefoot Big Bore Buttons work with external switches. They attach via set screws, whereas the Mooers just slide/press on.
I have shrooms on my Mosky dual switches. They fit the same as on my FC6, no problems.

Danny W.

I have shrooms on my Mosky dual switches. They fit the same as on my FC6, no problems.

Danny W.
Just remember that Mosky's are patterned after the FC6/12 FM3/9 switches. Switches from LoveMySwitches typically require Barefoot Button Big Bore toppers. Discovered this after the fact the LMS switches were installed.

another satisfied FM9 Moore Shroom's user here, ever since @unix-guy recommended them some years ago I have been very happy with them, love they way the feel and especially like how the clear ones bring out the light rings on the FM9 when using them in the dark. A must addition for any fractal peddle imo.

another satisfied FM9 Moore Shroom's user here, ever since @unix-guy recommended them some years ago I have been very happy with them, love they way the feel and especially like how the clear ones bring out the light rings on the FM9 when using them in the dark. A must addition for any fractal peddle imo.
Totally with you (although I did not join the forum till last year, so did not know about uber users unix-guy's original thread)! The light diffusion from the led's is SOOOOO COOOOOOL IMO! And just hitting the switches with that curved mushroom head, SOOOOO SMOOOOOOTH!!!!! OK, going to stomp for a bit!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom