Moody as hell clean channel stuff and B7K Ultra on bass

Hang on,,,, Hang on a doggone minute....
THEY HAVE ADDED A B7K TO THE AXE FX???????
huh? How did I miss that???.. I've been waiting for FOUR YEARS for a usable bass sound from this thing.... is it true?...
Thanks
Pauly

This makes me want a Dingwall so bad!!!
Good stuff! Reminds me of some of March Hare's music.
What did you use for drums?

Hang on,,,, Hang on a doggone minute....
THEY HAVE ADDED A B7K TO THE AXE FX???????
huh? How did I miss that???.. I've been waiting for FOUR YEARS for a usable bass sound from this thing.... is it true?...
Thanks
Pauly
Don't think so, unless we both missed it.

Thanks Bradlake,
Ahhh.. I get it now.....it's the real deal. Bummer. I remember the fractal boys saying they were modelling the b7k and thought they may have snuck it into 8.02. I'll get back ter waitin'
Pauly

Maybe you're aware, maybe not, but my ears tell me that you've nailed Doug "Dug" Pinnick's bass tone reminiscent of his earlier days with King's X ... has that sizzling high end with a thumping bottom. Nice.

Left a comment in the track, i love this so much man!

Thanks dude! I have some bigger plans for this one :)

Sounds good. Mind sharing the bass preset ?

The preset won't get you far as 50% of the sound is the B7K Ultra :(
I will see about tone matching it :)

This makes me want a Dingwall so bad!!!
Good stuff! Reminds me of some of March Hare's music.
What did you use for drums?

Superior Drummer 2... all processing other than bus processing are done in the plugin! :)

Maybe you're aware, maybe not, but my ears tell me that you've nailed Doug "Dug" Pinnick's bass tone reminiscent of his earlier days with King's X ... has that sizzling high end with a thumping bottom. Nice.

I've always loved his tone!

Love that bass sound!!!. Please post the preset, been trying to get that sound for ages.
Thanks nickxmix

about 50% of this sound is the B7K Ultra actually... :(

Thanks all! I'm pretty stoked on the B7K Ultra! My B7K is now for sale, haha!

Thanks dude! I have some bigger plans for this one :)

Superior Drummer 2... all processing other than bus processing are done in the plugin! :)
Thanks all! I'm pretty stoked on the B7K Ultra! My B7K is now for sale, haha!

Which library are you using from SD2?
I recently got the Alpha Omega which can come close to this kinda tone. I'm seeing bass players that have both the AO and the B7k (ultra). Not sure if the B7k would add anything to the AO, maybe for cleaner stuff?

Last edited:
Which library are you using from SD2?
I recently got the Alpha Omega which can come close to this kinda tone. I'm seeing bass players that have both the AO and the B7k (ultra). Not sure if the B7k would add anything to the AO, maybe for cleaner stuff?

I use a mix of a few. Metal Foundry is the majority.

I'd love to try that AO out. It seems to have slightly different character!

I may end up grabbing the AO too. You can never have too many tonal options for bass and Cliff doesn't seem to really care too much about adding bass stuff, haha!

I may end up grabbing the AO too. You can never have too many tonal options for bass and Cliff doesn't seem to really care too much about adding bass stuff, haha!

Is the B7k more for heavier music styles and the Darkglass vintage pedal more fore traditional?
I noticed that these are fet based pedals where the AO is opamp based. B7k can probably go cleaner than the AO, it can be used with blend off but than the AO has limited functionality

Hi Harmes,
The B7k can do all those distorted bass effects (not my cup'a'tea) but it's also great with clean sounds. It's a very versatile unit that I now use for bass while the AXE FX is maturing. I'm still hoping to use the AXE FX for bass one day as they have mentioned they were modelling the b7k, along with further improvements towards bass. Fingers crossed - But in the mean time the B7k is a great answer for many bass sounds, not just the crunchy distorted stuff you hear very often.
Thanks
Pauly

Is the B7k more for heavier music styles and the Darkglass vintage pedal more fore traditional?
I noticed that these are fet based pedals where the AO is opamp based. B7k can probably go cleaner than the AO, it can be used with blend off but than the AO has limited functionality

Hi Harmes,
The B7k can do all those distorted bass effects (not my cup'a'tea) but it's also great with clean sounds. It's a very versatile unit that I now use for bass while the AXE FX is maturing. I'm still hoping to use the AXE FX for bass one day as they have mentioned they were modelling the b7k, along with further improvements towards bass. Fingers crossed - But in the mean time the B7k is a great answer for many bass sounds, not just the crunchy distorted stuff you hear very often.
Thanks
Pauly

Cool, thanks. Most demos showcase the gainier side of the B7k so it's good to know it does clean as well.
I was just thinking if the Helix or Kemper currently has the edge for bass players? Offering the most models I mean.

Cool, thanks. Most demos showcase the gainier side of the B7k so it's good to know it does clean as well.
I was just thinking if the Helix or Kemper currently has the edge for bass players? Offering the most models I mean.
Oh ya it totally does clean well as well. I just don't use it much for that :)

Hi again,
Sorry but I don't own the helix or kemper - I came very close to getting a kemper but went with a second axe fx Instead.
Thanks
Pauly

Back
Top Bottom