Mono / Stereo Output 1 ...???

WERNER1

Inspired
So I've always created my presets in "Mono" I guess - I typically have everything set to "L + R Summary" or what ever it is. I run the L/XLR of Output 1 out to FOH which I believe splits somewhere along the line to our IEM System as well.

So even at home I just run the L/XLR out into my interface and play back though my IEM's or Monitors and everything sounds pretty good - but no true stereo spaciousness :(

Recently we have switched over to an "X32" (??) system for our IEM's using I pads and what not, but we're now running in "Stereo"... so I now have the ability to at least pan anything I want L/R and create some more space in my IEM mix... which is great! I've only used it once thus far, but the sound is the best I've ever had in terms of over all good mix and sound depth.... and just hi-fidelity in general.

I'm not sure if we have enough channels for me to go true stereo to FOH and IEM at this point, but I'm wondering if there are certain reverbs and delays that I should be using the may give me more spacious results with this new system even if I'm still running L/XLR Mono out but using the L&R Summary selection....?

Does this make any sense....? :confused:

You will not achieve a true width impression when going mono but only depth. That might be good enough, though.

Talking about the X32: I have a five piece band and the X32 has enough outputs to give everyone an individual stereo monitor mix and feed the stereo FOH incl. a dedicated sub output.

Do "they" realize that you can run in stereo? That might be news to the tech people, and they may not think to allow for that. Might want to talk to them about it.

Thanks guys,.. Yeah,.. I've been pushing Stereo since I was running a GT100 rig... I actually ran that way in FOH for short while until they needed more channels :( ...

Back
Top Bottom