Mono "Producer" Case

Rick

Axe-Master
Here are some pics of the Mono Producer with my stuff in it: Pic #1 shows what's in there: The AX8, Mission EP-1 Pedal in one side, cables in the other, Shure GLXD wireless in one front pocket with the cables, two transmitters and power supply in the other. FYI, I put the transmitters in those little foam beer cooler things to keep them from banging on one another. Sorry for the blurry iPhone photo.

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w570/rickparksr/IMG_0719_zpsjsdzxmxk.jpg

Second pic is with everything back in the pockets. As David noted, it is a tight fit, but only at the very back/top corners where the dimensions are at their widest. I think the case will stretch a little and even this won't be so tight. Some might think this is "too tight" but having wrestled it in and out a few times, I think it's fine. No movement at all.

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w570/rickparksr/IMG_0720_zpstntcisjw.jpg

Last pic is everything buttoned up: AX8, complete wireless for two guitars, cables, expression pedal. There is nothing in the back pocket, so I could move my cables there and use a second Mission pedal if I wanted in the other side pocket.

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w570/rickparksr/IMG_0721_zpsfnsiw3ba.jpg

On the question of a Fractal EV-1 in the side pockets: ain't gonna happen. The Mission pedal goes in easily if you have it in the right direction, but that's it. No way a wider or thicker pedal is going in.

Appears to be very well made. I am going to keep this one as the point was hauling my complete rig in the smallest possible package. This does all I need.

Last edited:
Welcome guys! Been looking it over, and it is well made. The handle is especially heavy duty as compared to your normal "laptop" bag. The bottom has a heavy protective layer to buffer impacts when you put it down a little less gingerly than you should. Has a nice shoulder strap, well padded to cushion the load on long walks through the airport. The pockets are on three sides, so it is flat in the back where it is up against your body, making it feel less thick when carried. Nice design touch.

Looks nice too, points for curb appeal on gig arrival. ;)

Thanks for posting this Rick. I just received my Producer and tried it with my MFC which is nearly the same size as the AX8 (MFC just a hair shorter in width). It is a tight fit. A bit too tight since I may want to also fit a macbook in there on occasion. It is REALLY nice, but I am sending mine back.

I see M@ made a correction that the Mono bag used at Fractal is actually the Kontroller model. More $$$ but more room.

Yep, the Kontroller would be an easier fit, and you could still put a computer in. For some it would be the better choice. I'll continue to look it over tomorrow (had a house full of people for the annual Christmas dinner) but I think I'll stay with it. Another half inch in each direction would make a world of difference!

The Kontroller and Producer are sleek looking for sure,
but as the Club would fit everything inside without adding
bulk with exterior pockets, I feel it would be a better
choice (for me), plus it opens up like a regular pedal board
case (no cramming or difficulties getting stuff in there)

EDIT: I have their Sleeve gigbag, and can attest to the build
and design quality of Mono

Last edited:
Then again, the FlyBy looks like it might fit the bill, no?

I would not recommend the Mono Flyby. I have one and tried to fit my MFC-101 in it. It just BARELY fits in the unpadded section of the Flyby so there is not protection. The MFC is slightly narrower in width so it might not even zip up.

I think the Kontroller is the way to go.

I spoke with Jen, and told her they need to make a "Producer XL" with the main compartment expanded an inch in length and depth, with the pockets expanded accordingly. I really like the side pockets for pedals, and this world be perfect with just a touch extra room.

Last edited:
I spoke with Jen, and told her they need to make a "Producer XL" with the main compartment expanded an inch in length and depth, with the pockets expanded accordingly. I really like the side pockets for pedals, and this world be perfect with just a touch extra room.

A larger Producer would be perfect. I am on the fence about the Kontroller because it has less compartments. Did she mention it was a possibilty? I live near SF where Mono is based. I could take my AX8 down there... well... once I get one. :)

Here's a picture of the Kontroller with the AX8 in it, a Mission pedal (with spring), and a laptop (not visible).
The two front compartments can be used for cables.

kontroller.jpg

Here's a picture of the Kontroller with the AX8 in it, a Mission pedal (with spring), and a laptop (not visible).
The two front compartments can be used for cables.

kontroller.jpg

Decided I like the Kontroller and ordered one for a nice deal tonight.

Back
Top Bottom