Mono M80 case with Floyd Rose guitars??

Amparkmusic

Inspired
Anyone using a Mono dual guitar case with a Floyd Rose guitar?? Curious as to how well your guitar stays in tune during transport. My most gigged axes are a Gibson Les Paul Classic and a Jackson Soloist with an OFR. I’d love to cut down on cases, but don’t want to risk having to balance the bridge on the gig after doing a home setup where the float is dialed in to perfection.

Last edited:
If your bridge is properly adjusted, it should return to zero when there's no pressure on it. Putting it in a case should not be a concern.

Apologies - should’ve been a bit more clear. My concern is mostly in the tuning pegs getting hit and altering the tension of the string behind the locking nut. I know it has the “head lock” Velcro system, but wasn’t sure if there might still be enough movement/give in the case that this could be an issue.

Apologies - should’ve been a bit more clear. My concern is mostly in the tuning pegs getting hit and altering the tension of the string behind the locking nut. I know it has the “head lock” Velcro system, but wasn’t sure if there might still be enough movement/give in the case that this could be an issue.
Gotcha...

If everything is locked down at the nut then that also should still be ok.

The locking nut should prevent string tension changes on the other side from affecting the tuning.

Anyone using a Mono dual guitar case with a Floyd Rose guitar?? Curious as to how well your guitar stays in tune during transport. My most gigged axes are a Gibson Les Paul Classic and a Jackson Soloist with an OFR. I’d love to cut down on cases, but don’t want to risk having to balance the bridge on the gig after doing a home setup where the float is dialed in to perfection.

I used a dual mono case with a EVH wolfgang for years, no issues. Both set to full floating and "flat" to the bridge. Most times I would even be too lazy to lock down the headstock in the strap(s) after a gig.

Back
Top Bottom