Monitors or poweramp for Home studio ?

trb

Experienced
Hello

After 2 months across that great FAS forum and utube, i'll go to the AF2 route... what's more with FW10 :D

So my usage is the following:
- I 'm only enjoying in my home studio, no band, no live... very simple and modest!
- I play today with my Diezel Einstein head with 2 cabs: 2*12 Eminence Governor & Wizard, 1*12 with celestion G12H30
- I use too red wirez IR through the Einstein in a loadbox, to my PC with Reaper and IR player, and out to my studio monitors Prodipe PRo 8 & woofer Pro10s (great for drum & bass, and very good for Guitar sound from the Einstein)

Going with the AF2, i've few questions, in addition to the information I read in the forum:

1 - for use without guitar cab, hence with" Cab Sim on" in AF2: are my FRFR studio monitor enough in terms of guitar sound quality (Prodipe Pro 8 are similar to KRK rockit 8), or do I need to take a matrix GT1000 with a FRFR cab (Q12, CFR12, ...) to have a better "guitar feeling" ?

2 - for use with my actual guitar cabs with "Cab Sim off" in AF2, does the power amp section of the Diezel Einstein would be OK (2*KT77 and 2*KT66), or again, should i have to move to matrix GT1000 to have a better transparency with regard to AF2 presets fine tuning ? I fear that the Einstein poweramp might "smooth" the AF2 sound and as a consequence would not restitute all the AF2 textures & tones ...

thanks a lot guys for your feedback and experiences
Bruno

I'd use just the monitors with the Axe-Fx.

When recording remember to keep the monitors loud, the guitar sound will be richer.

thanks Gira,

and for use about the Einstein poweramp section in cabs, do you have an idea ?

If you want to use the Einsein's power section and cabinet you should disable the power amp simulation and the cab simulation.

I'd prefer the monitor, it's all up to you and your ears :)

ok thanks, i'll may have a look to the Equator D5, dedicated to the AF2, as it appears to be great, according to reviews, and keep other monitors for drum / bass, etc.

others views guys concerning powermap vs gt1000 ?

Back
Top Bottom