Monitors for bedroom volume

WellI stopped by GC today and tried the JBLs right sway. Pretty neat. Then I switched to the Yamaha HS series. The 5s were better ... Wow! Excellent speakers. HS 7, marginally better than the 5s. Then I tried the HS 8... Awesome! The next one had more bass and power but at least at the store, the HS 8 were the sweet spot.
Round and detailed sound just with enough punch without being over the top.
Will save up for either the 5s or 8s. That's the plan. 5s for value, but in comparison with the 8s, a bit too focused.

Last edited:
If you like those and want to save a bit try the Presonus Eris 8, same class as the HS8 but slightly less expensive, they are awesome value/performance ratio

I, and numerous others here, swear by Equator Audio D5s ,only drawback is no retail outlet other than website ,compounded by the fact the Equator audio website is down right now “for maintenance “.....
Hope that isn’t bad news for the company cuz it is the best bAng for buck....
Http://www.equatoraudio.com

Edit: looks like bad news ,seems the site has been down for weeks, no one can seem to contact them. Sheeeiit. Does anyone have any insight?

Last edited:
I just bought my first AX8. I couldn’t pass on the Black Friday deal. So I bought a used pair of Behringer B2031A’s. I hope these work since I’m totally new to the modeling world. I don’t have room to keep buying amps.

I, and numerous others here, swear by Equator Audio D5s ,only drawback is no retail outlet other than website ,compounded by the fact the Equator audio website is down right now “for maintenance “.....
Hope that isn’t bad news for the company cuz it is the best bAng for buck....
Http://www.equatoraudio.com

Edit: looks like bad news ,seems the site has been down for weeks, no one can seem to contact them. Sheeeiit. Does anyone have any insight?
Thanks for sharing. I researched and samash carries them. 500 bucks a pair. http://m.samash.com/-5-2-way-coaxia...-with-internal-dsp-sold-as-a-pair-ed5pairxx-p

I’m a little gun shy on the desk top monitors, but I guess spend as much as you can afford and don’t skimp. My AX8 sounds horrendous through the Behringers I bought for cheap a couple years ago. I’d look into the Adam and JBL options listed above.

Back
Top Bottom