Monitors - Behringer 50USB - YIKES

Phil M

Inspired
I’m curious about your experiences with the 50USB, either generally or specifically with your Fractal gear.

I’m a long time guitarist but only dabble in home recording. I have old gear - a late 2009 iMac, a much older Presonus Firebox interface, current version of GarageBand and some inexpensive AKG 240 headphones. I can actually get some good tones listening to my AX8 through the headphones, and the recorded results sound good to me. But through the Behringers, the sounds are horrendous. It is harsh and boxy with no bottom end and does not sound anything like what I get through the headphones, my recorded results, or my live experience with studio wedges.

I already know I’m not yet getting the full experience because of my current monitoring options, but could the Behringer 50USB be that bad?

Get what you pay for, but the reviews look like they are decent. Check some of the lower offerings from mackie.

Get what you pay for - I hear that. I got them a couple of years ago on a whim but haven’t used them much.

Back
Top Bottom