Monitor levels to get YouTube videos to sound level with a patch

Hi I’ve been having trouble when I plug my studio monitors into my computer to jam to YouTube tracks the YouTube video volume on the computer is all the way up and I barely get any sound and my patch is really loud I have to turn the output knob all the way up to even semi hear the YouTube jam track then the patch is super loud. On the layout menu I tried messing with the input block volume and output block and still does not make the YouTube track loud enough to jam with. Any tips or ways to fix this awhile ago I was able to have everything level but now it’s not doing much.
Thanks

Importing into a daw (assuming) you have one) is ideal. Then you can really control the level. I use sound forge 11 to extract the audio as a wave or mp3 file and import to daw. Then you can EQ the audio to your liking while jamming.
Many free apps to achieve this. Reaper and Cakewalk are both free Quality daws. You can just import the youtube video as is also, but I lke to extract the audio first.
Surely other ways and others will chime in.

So.. not sure if I do it the conventional way or not but... I direct monitor from the Axe Fx III into studio monitors. Connect USB to computer & Axe Fx III. You can set the level of youtube/backing tracks with the volume in youtube. Get a good output level on the AxeFx III for your guitar tone with the Out 1 knob to level between youtube (or whatever).. Once the AFXIII is good in the mix.. The out 1 knob will adjust the overall of both.

When did they start MAKING people pay for the license? I paid because that's who I am. I ran it free for many, many years.

the evaluation period is 60 days. It's been like that for many years. They just didn't make it too hard to get around that. (WinZip anyone?)

the evaluation period is 60 days. It's been like that for many years.
Yeah, I paid years ago. Out of touch evidently. I still think importing them into a daw is the way to go, but's that me... :) Especially if he is playing along with them on the web?

Yeah, I paid years ago. Out of touch evidently. I still think importing them into a daw is the way to go, but's that me... :) Especially if he is playing along with them on the web?

that's what I do when I learn stuff: make a project in Reaper, import the full song plus a backing track minus the guitar plus, if I can find, the guitar stems or isolated tracks. Then I line them all up, get a rough mix to adjust volumes and add guitar tracks for wet and DI.
Last optional step is to make a midi track to control scene and effects switching...

there are lots of ways to adjust sound levels on a computer other than a DAW. i’ve been using Rogue Amoeba’s sound source for this lately

Back
Top Bottom