"Money for Nothing" tone

subsub74

Hi all,

I am a big fan of the Dire Straits "Money for Nothing" tone.
I've never been satisfied with the wah engaged half way, and some time ago I found a very nice pedal that really recreates to the perfection this fabulous tone (search with MFN JMB Experience).
It's based on a drive pedal + a filter (500 Hz to 2500 Hz).
I really love it, but I would like to recreate this tone on my AX8 as well.
So I was wondering if anyone has ever made a preset on the AX8 or Axe FX with a similar chain.
There's a filter block in the Fractal systems. I've tried it but did not manage to mimic this tone.

Thanks!

I really like the Hot Kitty for Dire Straits tones. And you absolutely must play with your fingers to really get it to sound right IMHO.

(I think that's my Money For Nothing clip...hard to tell because Soundcloud streaming is down with the AWS S3 outage this morning...there are people at Amazon having a very, very bad day today...)

I really like the Hot Kitty for Dire Straits tones. And you absolutely must play with your fingers to really get it to sound right IMHO.

(I think that's my Money For Nothing clip...hard to tell because Soundcloud streaming is down with the AWS S3 outage this morning...there are people at Amazon having a very, very bad day today...)

Not too bad indeed! Missing a bit of some filter but getting close!

Back
Top Bottom