Monetizing Your YouTube Guitar Noodling Videos

Phostenix

Power User
So, youtube informs me recently that I should setup AdSsense & start monetizing my videos (having them put ads in them). I don't get a lot of views on my videos, but I figured it was worth checking out.

I just made some typical guitar noodling videos of a guitar I'm planning to sell. 2 of the videos were rejected for monetizing (not pulled down, just the ads removed) for copyright violation. One had a section of Long Train Running and the other a section of a song from a local jazz band (which I figured no one would recognize, honestly).

It seems like I've seen ads on other videos of people playing riffs from recognisable songs, but maybe not. I did have other riffs in other videos that did not get flagged, but they were shorter riffs. Maybe there's a time limit involved, too.

So, I guess the lesson learned is that if you want to use youtube monetization, do your own noodling. :)

I turned off Monetizing on all my original videos, you only get around a cent a day so its kind of pointless unless your getting 100,000+ views a week.

If you see ads on a video where someone is playing a cover it means a third party(copyright holders) gets the money from monetization.

Back
Top Bottom