• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Mondern Metal Sound with the Friedman HBv1

Hi!
I've been playing around with some amps to achieve some kind of djenty-mondern metal sound. Among all these amps I've tried I liked the Friedman, PVH and Recto models the most. As I am not a huge fan of high gain amps in mixes, I decided to record some stuff with the Friedman HBv1 and see how it behaves in a mix.
So here is the outcome:
I did not do anything drastic in the mixing process, just flitering out some noisy frequencies and boosting my favourite high and mid frequencies. A bit of compression and saturation to clue everything together and make it tighter. Also stereo widening was added to give a bit more air. I'm not quite sure about the bass sound, as I am having some problems dialing in a decent bass tone with my warwick rock bass. But anyways.. I hope you enjoy!
Just ask me if you have further questions! :)

Pettymusic

Inspired
Sounds awesome! I usually go for the 5150 or the Recto red modern. Mind sharing your preset for the Friedman?

Hey, thanks! Yeah I have a couple of presets for them too but I don't really like them in the djenty context ^^ I'm using custom IRs so sharing the preset won't be possible. However I can tell you the structure of the preset: input Gate-> Comp ->Dist. -> Gate -> Amp (cranked mids)-> Cap -> Gate thats it. Nothing special ^^

Pettymusic

Inspired
OK, cool! Thanks for the reply! Yeah, that's pretty much my signal chain as well except I didn't think about running a gate after the cab too. Thanks again! Oh, great tunes on your Soundcloud! I'm enjoying listening to them on my phone while my power is out right now \m/

Top Bottom