Momentary Switches!

It was my understanding that if you set this up on one preset this will span all other presets. Is that not the case with this method?

Modifier assignments are always preset specific. You'll have to set those up in each preset.

You can, however use the MIDI/Remote menu to globally assign an external switch to the bypass state of a block. Just make sure your external momentary switch's polarity is set accordingly.

It was my understanding that if you set this up on one preset this will span all other presets. Is that not the case with this method?
I'm guessing you're referring to the switches themselves, not the modifiers, which, yes, switch assignments are global unless you're making them in the Per Preset editor.

I've followed the instructions in the video to the letter and this isn't working on my FM9, FW 5.00, when I try to use Per-Preset switch to accomplish it.

It does work in a normal Effects layout.

Edit: The solution turns out to be that in the Per-Preset layout, you have to remove the hold function from the Per-Preset placeholder. This isn't intuitive and is not very flexible. What if I wanted a hold function on that per-preset placeholder switch in a different preset?

For the first preset, under the 'FC PER-PRST' tab just define the PP# on, let's say PP #1 for 'Control Switch', 'Momentary, 'CS1' (after having setup the Bypass on the block with the CS1 controller). The rest of the setup under the FC-Edit tab is going to be the same for both presets, using the PER-PRESET OVERRIDE to point at the per-preset placeholder, e.g. "PP# 1" you created under 'FC PER-PRST', and the same footswitch. Save! Now go to your second preset and set up PP# 1 (or another PP# if you want), with a hold definition instead of momentary, and assign PP #1 under the FC-Edit tab's PER-PRESET OVERRIDE. Save!

Now the first preset will have a momentary function on whichever footswitch you assigned the PP# on, and the second preset's footswitch will have a hold function. Both being provided via the override.

The 'FC PER-PRST' (PP#) definitions are not global. You can have up to twenty-four different definitions, but those definitions can be different for the same PP# in any other preset.

Another option, as you are probably aware, is to have the hold function set up globally in the layout. This will affect every preset that doesn't have an override though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom