Momentary DPDT Footswitch to control Boost

rascarvalho

Inspired
Hi!
I have an MFC101 and I've just got a footswitch loaded with 2 toggle DPDT to connect on it and I'd like to know if it is possible to control BOOST parameter of the AMP Block with it.
I'm trying to avoid using an expression pedal for this, but when I used this footswitch, BOOST parameter stay on just while I keep it pressed.
What I do expect: press this DPDT one time to turn it on, press another time to turn it off, and everytime I change the scene or preset, this parameter (boost) starts turned off.
Am I clear?
Any idea?
Thank you all!

Sorry... I made a mistake... the switches are not Toggle.. they are Momentary.

Edit: I changed the Thread Title.

Edit 2: I got it! On Setup Page I set the XS1 as Momentary. On MIDI page I set the XS1 as Toggle. Now it works!

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Oh mind!!!
Now I've got another problem! Every time I turn some function on with this footswitch (boost function or any other) and then change the preset, when I go back to the first preset I have to press 3 times the footswitch to turn the function on again. If I turn on some functions and, before change the preset, I turn the function off, when I go back to this preset I have to press just 1 time the footswitch to turn the function on again.

You know, I've had similar problems for a while but it's always been such that I can work around it quickly. So up till now I've never tried to sort the problem out. And I have no clue. In my case, I have 4 ext switches going to the external switch ports. Scene 1 is on the first of these switches, Scene 2 on the second, drive on the 3rd and scene 3 on the 4th.

I boot the axe, and it defaults to scene 1 with everything the way it should be. I boot the MFC and it switches the axe to scene 3 (should be scene 1). I have to hit switch 1 to get back to scene 1. I have to hit the drive at least twice to get the drive on. Sometimes that preset will work correctly if I move to another preset and back. Sometimes not. Once I cycle those problematic switches upon bootup, they work as intended.

I've also made sure that all my scenes were setup the way I want them and saved via Axedit. As I said, w/o the MFC on, the AxeFx sets the preset up properly.

If you figure yours out, let me know. :)

\m/

You know, I've had similar problems for a while but it's always been such that I can work around it quickly. So up till now I've never tried to sort the problem out. And I have no clue. In my case, I have 4 ext switches going to the external switch ports. Scene 1 is on the first of these switches, Scene 2 on the second, drive on the 3rd and scene 3 on the 4th.

I boot the axe, and it defaults to scene 1 with everything the way it should be. I boot the MFC and it switches the axe to scene 3 (should be scene 1). I have to hit switch 1 to get back to scene 1. I have to hit the drive at least twice to get the drive on. Sometimes that preset will work correctly if I move to another preset and back. Sometimes not. Once I cycle those problematic switches upon bootup, they work as intended.

I've also made sure that all my scenes were setup the way I want them and saved via Axedit. As I said, w/o the MFC on, the AxeFx sets the preset up properly.

If you figure yours out, let me know. :)

\m/
BTW, how did you set MFC for XS1 = scene 1, XS2 = scene 2 and SX4 = scene 3? In other words, How did you link XS with a specific scene?
Thanks again!

Axe Manual: 16.15.5 SCENES AND MIDI
MFC Manual: 8.2 External Switch MIDI Functions (CC #34)
MFC Manual: 12.1.8 Preset External Switch On/Off Values (On and Off values will be the same. Ex Scene 2 Off 001 On 001)

I opened a ticket with fractal and had an answer faster than I expected:

"Unfortunately, this is expected when you try to pair a non-programmable (external) switch with a programmable (internal) function.
I would recommend using one of the onboard footswitches for Amp Boost, so you can save its initial setting to match that of the stored preset (OFF)."

I think we should learn to live with this problem!!!

So I wonder what kind of external switches would work correctly? Or what are those Ext Ports intended for? I mean, anything you use a switch for would be a "programmable internal function", correct?

Thanks for the update Ricardo!

Back
Top Bottom