Momentary CS sometimes acts like Latching

simonp54

Experienced
I have 4 CS switches setup in my configuration, to send CC 80->83. Each configured to send value 127 when ON and disabled value (no send) for OFF.
this works well when the switch is pressed slowly, however if the switch is toggled quickly, sometimes it "latches" back to ON and sends the ON Midi payload twice. The button then needs to be pressed twice, to get the next instance of my "momentary" ON.

Basically the CS switch controller can sometimes seem to act like a Latching switch, even tho the FC layout is configured to use it as a momentary switch. This seems to depend on the speed of pressing, but not on the configuration of the HOLD time.

Any ideas?

I think I've solved this issue. If the state of the CS is changed by a scene whilst the button is held down on the FC, all is good and the resulting state is "how you pressed it". If however, the scene controller page sets the state of the button to ON when you have already removed your foot from the switch, the "momentary" button will be left in the ON state, which appears to the user as if the button has "latched".

My use-case is using a CS to select the next song in a songlist being managed by another application. Therefore the scene1 state of the CS controller configuration seems to matter.

Back
Top Bottom