Mom, why does dad have that....

Dads back is aging, sorry, aching... he wants to build lighter cabs. With 17 mm poplar? His coating, sorry cab's coating, holds forever anyway.
Daddy wants to build a 5 x 8" cab

Ok folks... I went to go post a pic today and was more than a little surprised to see that the site that has hosted my pics for free for 5 years now has decided to all of a sudden hide all pics and references to them from sites like this behind a pay wall... a $40 a month pay wall.

So, now, unless I pony up $40 a month none of my pics in any of my posts will show up.... kinda pisses me off to be honest... I'm not opposed to paying but to only allow 3rd party hosting abilities only from their most expensive pricing structure.

I'm not even opposed to paying $40 a month but if they are willing to go from free to $40 a month with no notice what is stopping them from going from $40 a month to $80 a month with no notice or recourse.

Sadly, I can't even find another site to host from and transfer everything over as I can't edit any previous posts to change the photo locations!

Damned if I do, damned if I don't!

Frustrated beyond words!

I'm thinking and trying to decide my next steps and will let everyone know.

Free sites to host photos from in order of my most preferred to least preferred:
  • google photos (make public albums, share them, remember to turn off location info)
  • imgur.com
  • dropbox.com
  • Drive from Microsoft
  • instagram.com
Photobucket has, and always be, a bottom feeder internet service. Good riddance I say.

Sadly, I can't even find another site to host from and transfer everything over as I can't edit any previous posts to change the photo locations!
Weird. There are no time limits on self-edits. You should be able to edit any post you make here.

Free sites to host photos from in order of my most preferred to least preferred:
  • google photos (make public albums, share them, remember to turn off location info)
  • imgur.com
  • dropbox.com
  • Drive from Microsoft
  • instagram.com
Photobucket has, and always be, a bottom feeder internet service. Good riddance I say.

I agree... I'll check into google since I use it for email already. Ideally I'll just end up hosting everything from my own website. Gonna get it redone anyway in a couple of months so will just pop that functionality in there while I am at it.

Weird. There are no time limits on self-edits. You should be able to edit any post you make here.
True.. I just saw the button for that... will probably do a couple of months of the crappy PB junk to get a lot of posts corrected and everything transitioned to my website.

Wow all of my pic's that I post here are hosted by Photobucket looks like I will have to go else where!

EDIT: I just checked and it says that 2Gigs is free! 52 Gigs costs $5.99 a month 502 Gigs $39.99

I'm only 17% of 2Gigs so I should be ok.

Last edited:
Wow all of my pic's that I post here are hosted by Photobucket looks like I will have to go else where!

EDIT: I just checked and it says that 2Gigs is free! 52 Gigs costs $5.99 a month 502 Gigs $39.99

I'm only 17% of 2Gigs so I should be ok.

Well, it looks like to me that how much you use is not important.. I had the free plan and never used more than a single percentage point of what they offered and never used any bandwidth either... their new terms of service seem to be more oriented to folks like us who used their site to host and linked to those pics from sites and forums like this...

I saw lots of comments where folks had entire sites go down because all the pics were hosted at PB. My website is unaffected as nothing there is hosted at PB but all my posts here are impacted.

If you want the ability for a single pic hosted there to be view-able from here you have to pony up $40 a month.... at least that is how it looks to me. There might be other cheaper options available but I'm still pissed to much to look at this point... (EDIT: There is only one pay option that allows for pics to be viewed off of the PB website and it is $40 a month)

So, back to the pic I originally wanted to post...

A little more progress on this project!

Pine Wedge Taped up.JPG

Working on a new thread to show the completed project... just trying to get photos to where I can share them such that they can be shared here....

BVmAJJQWk4rAv8cxZY2glI_Mv9WOFRlMqWarL8oNw0kmofbvqK06B1PBOljd97NHnUNSioAEWt7ChnaMaenkRQS-mNW5VwdhQRT1Y7tP4KA_2jAzHkGeliNOMnmWadxeaCtsmjQ-KK3YGASmfRpngY_SjVIJzoy5wpOMqLAK70cflIhxsUPoKjwG7e9G3w63jqL6wYFR7Fe2GIIo8TWjd4ITKaD8RHr7qnoFMRl2zUHWlnNBe1_Fe0_ortXFQKH9-FiyC5cfVymXJDj_HVs_7g_kfPDX-9rI47PZPOUfBoQ_SSpF93GE1uEXa1MSCjq2_T3FVYIYoKGZH9glIQsCmghsc46hKLQaEeQIjNevbnIuddkpos15vKDsA-ugT9HnjSmMeBZm53fqvB8-i-qp3KXmjQqi0SmUPuOsa9U5vfS_0Y6alBgDV1Ou8juYCSopJurYA2jfX_NTtZu6XHfLzb6t2DOhEGx4dHWPp7qqZVSHINN8UdFVsZ0EWnquCerDOXDZZhy9v7PRY_0LOqHtloLjvqG_W7w1jmxFfv-hjH_ergKBHbAc2bDhxEuutBYElkGxRKvoclVxoFmQTteoJfT7ihLHXHmP_n86vZKkhSMIX9Pfi6MOtq0S=w864-h648-no

I promise you that I have had no clues slipped to me ........ but I think it's a wedge speaker cabinet .... made of wood.

Back
Top Bottom