AFIII Molly Hatchet cover / Quad Pitch Shift

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor
That's a song I used to play with my band in... 1988-1989 ! I always loved Molly Hatchet, we covered this one and "Boogie no more". After recording it yesterday, my "tendinitised" right arm cursed me for hours, lol

There's 7 guitar tracks in it, two rhythms panned left/right, two secondary rhythms/leads also panned left right, and three for the solo overdubs. All using presets from my Amp Packs - Plexi 100 W high (Left rhythm), Plexi 2204 (right rhythm), Friedman BE C45 (left rhythm/solo track), Friedman 2018 (right rhythm/solo track), 5150 blue 50 w (solo overdubs)

And here's another video, which couldn't be farther, style wise, from Molly Hatchet :

In this one I'm using two pitch blocks for the delayed harmonies. These are licks from an instrumental song I released in 1993, and an improvisation in the end

That's a song I used to play with my band in... 1988-1989 ! I always loved Molly Hatchet, we covered this one and "Boogie no more". After recording it yesterday, my "tendinitised" right arm cursed me for hours, lol

There's 7 guitar tracks in it, two rhythms panned left/right, two secondary rhythms/leads also panned left right, and three for the solo overdubs. All using presets from my Amp Packs - Plexi 100 W high (Left rhythm), Plexi 2204 (right rhythm), Friedman BE C45 (left rhythm/solo track), Friedman 2018 (right rhythm/solo track), 5150 blue 50 w (solo overdubs)

And here's another video, which couldn't be farther, style wise, from Molly Hatchet :

In this one I'm using two pitch blocks for the delayed harmonies. These are licks from an instrumental song I released in 1993, and an improvisation in the end

Nice job! I played in a Southern Rock cover band here in the states. We played this tune along with Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Outlaws, etc. This song was my favorite.

Nobody laugh !

This is me with my band, covering "Boogie no more" in 1988. This is the song that prompted me to get a slide bar. In fact it's still the slide that I use today, although I've never really practiced it in my life - up to my Tribute to Pink Floyd project where I had to use it in "Breathe", "The great gig in the sky" and specially "High hopes"

Molly Hatchet was also the band that made me familiar with the major pentatonic scale, thanks to "Gator county" - although I wouldn't know how to name it back then. I also loved their cover of "Dreams I'll never see" and "Free bird"

Other southern hard rock bands I loved : Point Blank (I've played "Penthouse pauper" leads to death) and Blackfoot (and specially "Highway song", live version)

Is that an Alesis Strike kit in the background?

Yes, Strike Pro kit, with Pearl Mimic Pro module

...which decided to act funny during our Tribute to Pink Floyd show :

lesson learned : when moving the kit, disassemble the rack ;)

Yes, Strike Pro kit, with Pearl Mimic Pro module

...which decided to act funny during our Tribute to Pink Floyd show :

lesson learned : when moving the kit, disassemble the rack ;)

Ouch!

I've got a Strike Kit (not Pro) that I bought for band use with our IEMs.

Our drummer ended up getting a number of gen16 "silent" cymbals with the processing module. Those in conjunction with with the electronic drum pads work really well. Hi hats are so much better than the triggers.

But he has Muscular Dystrophy and for the last 6 months or so, he uses the Strike module with a Zendrum controller plus a couple FAT Kat pedals. Makes for a very compact and portable rig. And he can play drums with 10 fingers and 2 feet!

I must check those Gen16 cymbals ; we don't use the Alesis ones live. My hihats aren't Alesis either, but Roland VH11

I must check those Gen16 cymbals ; we don't use the Alesis ones live. My hihats aren't Alesis either, but Roland VH11
We weren't super happy with the Alesis hats... I bought a GoEdrum hi hat trigger, which is supposedly almost the same as the Roland, and it was better.

But the silent cymbals are actual metal cymbals, just very quiet and they have these little mics built in. So drummers really like them because the response is the same.

He ended up using the gen16 processor with a different brand of cymbals and they sound great in the IEMs.

What we ended up with was hi hats, ride and 1 splash with the silent cymbals and then 2 Alesis cymbal triggers for crashes.

I can get more details if you want - just PM me.

Back
Top Bottom