Moke's Custom Presets - your favorite

scottp

Fractal Fanatic
I have been using Fractal gear for the past 3 years and have never purchased any presets.
I recently saw a thread about Moke and checked out his website. It looks like he has a lot of cool stuff there.

Do you have a favorite preset from Moke?
Your recommendations?
Thanks

I gigged with that preset for over a year. It sounded great FOH and the sound dude would always comment how great the Fractal sounded. That preset I can attest is ready to go direct from the website store.

Wow! That is great to hear.

I gigged last night and used:

- Wanted Dead or Alive
- Crazy Train
- She Sells Sanctuary
- Summer of 69

They all sounded superb, especially Wanted Dead or Alive (I added a synth block effect for the beginning myself) - although my only criticism would be the gain on Crazy Train was far far too much; it was squealing like crazy until I halved the dialed in gain level.

Just to add to the above - here are some clips from the presets. The only differences from the out of the box presets you get from moke are:

1. On Crazy Train, I used the same scene throughout, with the gain halved (scene 1)

2. On Wanted: Dead or Alive I added a synth block and a space reverb after it for the intro effect; as such, I had to remove the reverb that was in the original path

3. Don't think anything was changed on Enter Sandman....

As usual, ignore the playing mess-ups etc. etc.

I have the JCM800 clean to mean preset and it's been my base preset since I got it.

Great from install but I've since tweaked it and used it as the basis for all my presets. I also found it works brilliantly swapping the amp block.

I'd made my own clean to mean presets prior to downloading, but Moke's was just better & taught me new ways of achieving things. Although I'd learnt a lot, I'd never gigged my AX8 and I think with Moke's presets you get the benefit of his live experience already dialled in, so from the off playing with my band it cut through better than all of my prior efforts.

I also purchased the Vai live one, but have barely used it as the JCM was so good from the off.

For a few dollars it's worth giving one a go.

Thanks for the input guys.
I purchased some of Moke's presets and am going to give them a try.

To start I'm going to use the Plexi which is the 50 Watt HI 1 amp block I believe.
In listening to the audio clip on his site, there is just something in that tone that Really speaks to me! :D

The JCM 800 is also my base preset. I have kept the Amp and cab, but tweaked it for how I play, including a USA Clean and different cab for it on scene 3, and some other variations.

I also use both U2 presets, Limelight, Plexi+B3 (my band plays the Chickenfoot version of Highway Star), and several others. I also modified my base JCM 800 and put it on another preset with the amp swapped out for a rectifier amp for those kinds of tones for a few songs (which my drummer says is his favorite sound).

I could do a whole night with my main JCM800 preset, but I think I use about 16 presets, 3 general purpose, and the rest song specific, for a night of 40 songs or so, because with the Fractal, I can! And I even talked the band into playing a few songs because Moke made some killer presets (like the 2 U2 ones), and that really stretches our song list to be more interesting than some of the other local bands in the area.

My band just has one guitar, bass and drums, with a vocalist (and the bassist and I sing as well), so our sound man loves the tone changes to mix things up, and we get some very nice compliments from the audience as to our versatility!

Just to add to the above - here are some clips from the presets. The only differences from the out of the box presets you get from moke are:

1. On Crazy Train, I used the same scene throughout, with the gain halved (scene 1)

2. On Wanted: Dead or Alive I added a synth block and a space reverb after it for the intro effect; as such, I had to remove the reverb that was in the original path

3. Don't think anything was changed on Enter Sandman....

As usual, ignore the playing mess-ups etc. etc.

That's some great tone and playing!

Someone in the audience scratched his nose, so I knew they were alive.

Presently digging Dirty Shirley from Clean to Mean pack #1. I gainstaged it and added my particular FX around it and it bangs using my PRS Brushstroke 24

Been using the JVM 2 from the Clean To Mean pack 1 for awhile now. Lots more inside that pack but the JVM has been it.

Back
Top Bottom