Legacy Presets [Moke's Custom Presets] Axe-Fx II Master Thread - Updated to Q9.04/10.01 - New presets, Videos, & Discounts

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
:cool:...meh, its just one known forum troublemaker. The rest of us are indifferent and supportive in one way or the other.

Its a free country brother. At least it temporarily appears to be.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/preset-charging-creators.118877/
This thread seems to be calling me a thief and a liar? Not the first time that this same person has questioned my honesty? Thinking about packing it in............
@Moke Forget about that! I am totally satisfied with the presets you created. Some of them I would never be able to do it myself, specially for the community that does not have an Axe-Fx with tone match features...Keep doing your awesome work and art. You are absolutely not doing anything wrong!!! Don't let these guys sidetrack you.

"Just because everyone can buy the ingredients of a known cake recipe, doesn't mean that all baked cakes must be distributed for free!" ;)

Do not pack it in Moke... No way!
That discussion is laughable to be honest. I mean... Lets just £h!t on supply and demand..... then the world economy , erm.... collapses...
Your presets are works of art, I'm still amazed with the Wish You Were here one, In fact, it's the preset I use to show off my Axe Fx to my gigging buddies.
I still salute your work!

Hey Moke,

I hope you don't pack it in either. When you first opened the store I bought every patch you uploaded. They all sound great on my rig and they were well worth the money. I have become a bit more selective since you increased the prices but that's not to say that they aren't worth $10, just that my wallet can't necessarily keep up with my preset habit! What you charge is up to you and if people don't like it they don't have to buy them.

I also want to say that a big attraction for me in the beginning was the videos you did explaining why you set each patch up the way you did. I found them really enlightening in terms of learning some more in depth programming and it was very useful to then be able to buy the preset you were outlining and dig in to the parameters myself. I realise you stopped making those videos as you went along and I understand that if you had continued with that people would maybe be able to recreate your patches from the videos and bypass the commercial side, which is fair enough.

It's very difficult to judge where the line is drawn regarding who did what work in these sort of environments...after all, we now live in an age where artists sue each other over chord progressions and hi-hat patterns! Personally I can't see that you've acted in a way that was anything other than honest and transparent.

Oh Moke please don't listen to assholes! Assholes always speak from their assholes...hence, the term. I check every day for new presets. Please don't stop. I use your Vai presets religiously. Keep the faith brother...we have your back.

This thread seems to be calling me a thief and a liar? Not the first time that this same person has questioned my honesty? Thinking about packing it in............
Man I would shake it off, Moke. I noticed that thread may have stung Danzi as well, as soon after that, he announced he wouldn't be providing a collection of Heroes presets. The fact is, the overwhelming majority of forumites LOVE your work, and his too. You'll always find a select "bag of dicks" in any given collection of people. But if you let that sideline talk get you down, then deny yourself and others some really great opportunities to raise the bar of the tones being produced by this amazing machine. Keep up the great work! Artists will be artists, while most critics will be critics because they lack the ability themselves.

No Way - It's a joke or a poke at Moke the good bloke.

You always gett arsewipes that knock anything that anyone does on the internet. The only way to please them all is to never do anything anywhere ever to anyone. Then they'd complain that you're not doing enogh haha.

Moke - sincerely, not only are you providing good stuff, that we HAPPILY pay for, you have proven yourself to be a good bloke. When it's all said and done - that's really all that matters.

Either ignore the idiots or tell them to fuck themselves.

Thanks for your good work.
Pauly

@Moke , don't pack it in due to some naysayers on this board.

Everybody has an opinion on something going on here and sometimes it builds into a feeding frenzy among a certain clique, but that group is not the community as a whole.

Not to mention there are people who seem to critique what others put out rather than solving what they think are
problems and competing with improved offering

Such people find it easier to do some typing than do something creative.

If you have fun doing the presets, the presets satisfy a client, & it makes some worthwhile coin for you, then never stop.

Last edited:
I restrained from posting in that thread too. First, I avoid time-sucking threads. Second, I don't want to appears as I'm justifying myself, I don't think I have too (I shared full banks of free presets since 2009 before going "commercial" this year only – as a means to be able to keep it ; else I would have sold the Axe because I needed money for real life issues). Third, if ever there was a consensus that we are "breaking a community" (even if I received countless emails of guys thanking me, as they were going to sell their Axe-Fx/AX8 before getting my presets), what I would do is stop selling… but stop sharing too. I'd keep the presets for myself.
The KPA community has a large number of commercial profiles makers. I don't understand why it is a big deal here. And I don't buy the argument "everyone can learn to tweak". Over the last 30 years in Mauritius countless guitar players have come to see me to program their multifx because they don't know how to do it. Some people just don't have the necessary frame of mind for that, that's all. I can take all the jazz lessons in the world, or dance lessons, I will never be a jazzcat or avoid embarrassment to my gf on the dancefloor. What you pay for is not a few parameters adjustments… it's for the thousands of hours perfecting that

Last edited:
I shared full banks of free presets since 2009 before going "commercial" this year only – as a means to be able to keep it ; else I would have sold the Axe because I needed money for real life issues).( [/ quote]

Hello Fremen,:)
I have bought your package,
I supported you, for everything you have shared in the past.
It seemed to me the least to thank you ;)

if I can.... :oops:
give you a little advice
Beta tester for all of you, in business
Leaving a few demo Free
thanking the visibility the Forum FAS, which leaves you to all of you
everyone will be happier

excuse me for my bad english :(

Moke,

As I stated in "the other thread", the reason I withdrew was getting hammered by "those" types. It's a reoccurring theme here it seems (like I said, I miss Chef), don't let it shake you. Keep on keepin' on my friend. You've got a good thing going on and people like and are willing to pay you for what you provide.
Keep up the good work brother! Your presets are awesome!

I restrained from posting in that thread too. First, I avoid time-sucking threads. Second, I don't want to appears as I'm justifying myself, I don't think I have too (I shared full banks of free presets since 2009 before going "commercial" this year only – as a means to be able to keep it ; else I would have sold the Axe because I needed money for real life issues). Third, if ever there was a consensus that we are "breaking a community" (even if I received countless emails of guys thanking me, as they were going to sell their Axe-Fx/AX8 before getting my presets), what I would do is stop selling… but stop sharing too. I'd keep the presets for myself.
The KPA community has a large number of commercial profiles makers. I don't understand why it is a big deal here. And I don't buy the argument "everyone can learn to tweak". Over the last 30 years in Mauritius countless guitar players have come to see me to program their multifx because they don't know how to do it. Some people just don't have the necessary frame of mind for that, that's all. I can take all the jazz lessons in the world, or dance lessons, I will never be a jazzcat or avoid embarrassment to my gf on the dancefloor. What you pay for is not a few parameters adjustments… it's for the thousands of hours perfecting that
But I already have free samples available !

Moke, my apologies for the thread derail

Both you, @fremen , and @Moke are,in my mind, great treasures of this community, and there are more of us than will care to admit that presets created by others comprise a very large percentage of our collection. I've paid and donated numerous times over the years for Theibault's (@fremen ) inspired work, and will again. That being said,
I just bought the Moke Vai For the Love of.. preset and immediately achieved one of the most beautiful sounds Ive acheived thru my Strandberg.
It is part of the evolution of this product and community for people who are truly talented and have something to offer to profit from their skills, a fact that sadly gets lost in the current world of unpaid and unearned entitlement and wanton product and and idea pirating. Those who dont understand that will ultimately lose.

Back
Top Bottom