Legacy Presets [Moke's Custom Presets] 'AX8' Master Thread - Updated to Q9.04/10.01 -New presets, Videos, Huge Discounts

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
Moke, just purchased your AIC Rooster patch and OMG!! It has to be the single most patch that smacked me right in the face with surprise. Instantly I was drawn to a great tone with unique quality! Thank you for your efforts.

Moke, just purchased your AIC Rooster patch and OMG!! It has to be the single most patch that smacked me right in the face with surprise. Instantly I was drawn to a great tone with unique quality! Thank you for your efforts.
Now that's what I'm talking about! Thank you so much.......

There is some tricky stuff going on in the background. Read the 'Description' page carefully.

It drops you down a 1/2 step by default. Bypass the Pitch block if you don't need it.

Last edited:
Just downloaded three of them. I look forward to checking them out!
Thanks!
Just a reminder. These are still for the official 7.01 release. Anything newer can ruin the balance between the multiple chains.

As soon as the next 'Official' release lands, I will get to work updating them and post them in the store, and in the 'Archive/Update' pages.

Because, every preset i´d played with tone matching, don´t feels right for me and it sounds "boxy, tunnel, smaler" - so on........at least i must ad a cab....it´s difficult to explain -

Last edited:
Because, every preset i´d played with tone matching, don´t feels right for me and it sounds "boxy, tunnel, smaler" - so on........at least i must ad a cab....it´s difficult to explain -
I know what you mean. I'm sure that when Randy recorded those tracks. It sounded much different standing in front of his cranked up rig than what ended up on the album.

I usually mix the tone match with a cab to try to get a happy medium between the tone match and a more typical cab tone. But there are a few of my tones that are pretty extreme when played in isolation. But still work in the mix. That particular one is a 90% tone match. The feel does take some getting used to.

Try setting up a stereo cab (if CPU permits). Pan both IRs center, lower the right cab 'Level' all the way down. load your favorite cab IR in the right side, then blend it in until you get where you want?

Last edited:
With the release of the official Q 8.02 for the AX8 and the new Factory presets that are based on (most) of the newest Axe-Fx II Bank 'A' presets, I started to get to work on making the AX8 'Clean to Mean' pack........................But

There are LOTS of differences between them, besides missing blocks due to CPU constraints (which is expected). In some presets there are .........Different Delay models, Reverb models, Cab IRs, Drive models, and Comp models.

Not sure which way to proceed??
  1. Do I Keep the new AX8 presets as they are and just do the same thing to them that I did with the Axe-Fx II presets?
  2. Or, do I Make the AX8 versions (that have a matching Axe-Fx II preset) use the same block choices as the Axe-Fx II versions?
What do you guys think?????

I'm voting for #1.
Adjust all the current AX8 presets with their own mean to clean.

I skipped a generation so I only have an Ultra so I don't need/care with what the II has or can do.
I don't need to match 'em and think moving forward, they will (?) diverge more over time.

I realize #2 is easier! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Okay, Makes sense

The new Axe-Fx II versions are sought after because the were personally tweaked by Cliff Chase... So I wonder why so many differences in the AX8 versions? Are these also done by Cliff and are more up to date? Were they done by someone else? Were they changed for a reason? Which ones are better??????

Hi @Moke ! I am very keen to have the single coil AX8 acoustic simulation preset for the Q8.2 version. Is there anything in the oven :)?
Yep. The official Q 8.02 finally dropped today. I have some other stuff to do first. Then I will start on the massive process of resetting and re-tweaking all of my AX8 presets for Q 8.02.

From the website
All 'Axe-Fx II' presets have been reset and re-tweaked for Firmware Q8.00.

All new orders will now include a separate PDF file for each preset purchased that contains a special 'Link' that directs you to a hidden page for all future (free) updates.

Anyone that already purchased any 'Axe-Fx II' presets can leave me a message on this site (by clicking on 'Contact' above) telling me which preset(s) that you have purchased. After I verify the purchase(s), I will send you a link for each preset purchased.

All 'AX8' presets (and their new 'Update Links') will be updated to Q8.00 and added to the site after the official release.
(Sorry for the delay, It's really tough keeping up with the frequent updates)

Yep. The official Q 8.02 finally dropped today. I have some other stuff to do first. Then I will start on the massive process of resetting and re-tweaking all of my AX8 presets for Q 8.02.
Thank you so much! I bought some presets you prepared and they sound phenomenal!

@Moke , do you support any upgrade path / rebate for presets purchased for older firmware levels ?
Absolutely!

I will only upgrade to 'Official' firmware versions, never 'Beta' versions. So I have been patiently waiting for an 'Official' AX8 firmware version since Q 7.01.

Q 8.02 dropped yesterday. I have another project to finish first, and I will then get started on updating all of my AX8 presets for Q 8.02. I hope to be done by the end of the week?:confused:

After a grueling week.....:confused:....I am happy to announce....

All 'AX8' presets have been reset and re-tweaked for Firmware Q8.02.:cool:

Please read the included 'Description' pages carefully, as there are some important changes to some of the presets. Including a couple of new IRs, new extras, different scene arrangements, new switch assignments and functions. etc............

All new orders will now only include a 'PDF' file for each preset purchased that contains a special 'Link' that directs you to a hidden page that contains an archive of all available versions of that preset. And all future (free) updates.

Anyone that already purchased any 'AX8' (and/or Axe-Fx II) presets can leave me a message on my site (by clicking on 'Contact' tab) telling me which preset(s) that you have purchased, and for which unit. After I verify the purchase(s), I will send you a link for each preset purchased.

Thanks...........Moke

Back
Top Bottom