FM3 Presets [Moke's Custom Presets] FM3 Master Thread - Firmware 4.xx 'Cygnus'!

Third-party preset or preset pack for the FM3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Moke, would you please recomand an IR for my particular use for both acoustic (steel and nylon) guitar,
a diatonic ten hole blues harmonica and cajon auto beat player ( acoustic drum stomp). These are fed to a mixer
and then go to PA and/or frfr powered cab. Need some IRs for those purposes....Thanks!
View attachment 74465
I'll be honest with you. I hesitate to even guess at most of that.

The acoustics and the Cajon shouldn't need any IRs??

The harmonica.... I would use a matching cab to whatever amp model you are using for that?

Ported and added the last 12 of my existing presets for the 'FM3' to the store today. Firmware 1.06
  1. Moke's Cuts Like a Knife V2.1 (HB) 'FM3' (1.06)
  2. Moke's Personal Jesus V2 (HB) 'FM3' (1.06)
  3. Moke's Love Song V5.2 (HB) 'FM3' (1.06)
  4. Moke's Exit (HB) 'FM3' (1.06)
  5. Moke's Miss Sarajevo (HB) 'FM3' (1.06)
  6. Moke's Mothers Of The Disappeared (HB) 'FM3' (1.06)
  7. Moke's Sad But True V2 (HB 'FM3' (1.06)
  8. Moke's Enter Sandman V2 (HB) 'FM3' (1.06)
  9. Moke's Cream (Prince) (HB) 'FM3' (1.06)
  10. Moke's Cream (Prince) (SC) 'FM3' (1.06)
  11. Moke's Shooting Star V5.2 (HB) 'FM3' (1.06)
  12. Moke's Carry on Wayward Son (HB) 'FM3' (1.06)
My 'Wish You Were Here' preset is still in limbo. Waiting for the 'Looper' functions to be opened to Modifiers.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ns-to-modifier-attachment.140382/post-1664113

I added a new version 2.1 of my Single-Coil 'Live Gilmour' preset to the store. Axe-Fx III and FM3

It seamed to have too much low-end when using the neck pickup.

Firmware 2.xx and 3.xx have raised the CPU% a bit more causing two of my current FM3 presets to stop working and lockup the FM3. "Moke's Another Rainy Night' and 'Moke's Like A Stone'. I am currently working on solutions for these two. I have to roll back to 1.06 to be able to work on them, then go back to 3.01 to check the results. Rinse / repeat, etc...

Seems to be (mostly) related to the 'Multi-Comp' block?

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/3-01-multi-comp-and-comp-issues.168743/post-2027048

The reworked 'Comp' blocks are also loading with different settings than what they were saved with on firmware 1.06. So I am going through all of the presets to check these settings and generally check out how they sound in the newer firmware.

I hope to add the new 3.xx versions to the store just after the new year. Unless a new firmware comes out before I finish?

Last edited:
Updated (almost) all of my FM3 presets to firmware 3.01.

Fixed the two presets that were broken when firmware 3.xx came out. They lost a little something getting them to work again, but hopefully there will be some CPU improvements that will allow me to add some stuff back in the presets.

The only ones still not updated are my 'Acoustic+Shimmer' presets. I am still hoping for the reinstatement of the 'Diffusion' parameters in the 'Delay' block, or some other CPU improvements.

Last edited:
Added 21 22 of my 'Artist' presets to the store. Ported over to the FM3. Firmware 1.06.. :cool:
  1. Moke's Comfy Numb (HB)
  2. Moke's Comfy Numb (SC)
  3. Moke's Live Gilmour (HB)
  4. Moke's Live Gilmour (SC)
  5. Moke's Detroit Rock City 2 (HB)
  6. Moke's Free World (HB)
  7. Moke's Free World (SC)
  8. Moke's Gold On The Ceiling (SC)
  9. Moke's Little Black Subs (SC)
  10. Moke's Gone Away (HB)
  11. Moke's Interstate Love Song (HB)
  12. Moke's Like A Stone V2 (HB)
  13. Moke's Lithium (HB)
  14. Moke's Pride (SC-#2)
  15. Moke's Streets+POG (SC-#4)
  16. Moke's Rebel Yell (HB)
  17. Moke's Sanctuary (HB)
  18. Moke's Wanted D.O.A. V5.2 (HB)
  19. Moke's Wicked Game (SC-#4)
  20. Moke's Blue Hotel (SC-#2)
  21. Moke's Lie To Me (SC-#2)
  22. Moke's Blue On Black (SC)
You can listen to audio/video demos in the Axe-Fx II (and some III) versions.

More to come....
In my FM3 i'm using the normal Rebel Yell version with external controllers, the sound of the raygun does not appear just the solo tone. I have 3 expressions in my FC6 assigned as 1,2 and 3. Neither make the raygun appear. What can i do?

In my FM3 i'm using the normal Rebel Yell version with external controllers, the sound of the raygun does not appear just the solo tone. I have 3 expressions in my FC6 assigned as 1,2 and 3. Neither make the raygun appear. What can i do?

From the included preset 'Description' PDF....

All of my 'regular' presets use External controllers, rather than assigning the parameters directly to FM3/FC Pedal 1, 2, etc.. jacks. This is to make them compatible with those that use midi pedals/computers.

It is possible/advisable to also link your Pedal 1, 2, etc.. jacks to the External Controllers by selecting 'Setup' (mini-knob 'E'), 'Midi/Remote' menu, 'External' tab, set External Controller 1 to Pedal 1 (or FC (#) Pedal 1 if using an FC pedal), External Controller 2 to Pedal 2 (or FC (#) Pedal 2 if using an FC pedal). Once this is done, your unit will be compatible with presets with parameters that are assigned to External Controllers and/or parameters directly assigned to the FM3/ FC Pedal 1, 2, etc.. jacks.

If that doesn't help, I may have missed something. Let me know which exact version of the preset and I will take a look.

From the included preset 'Description' PDF....

All of my 'regular' presets use External controllers, rather than assigning the parameters directly to FM3/FC Pedal 1, 2, etc.. jacks. This is to make them compatible with those that use midi pedals/computers.

It is possible/advisable to also link your Pedal 1, 2, etc.. jacks to the External Controllers by selecting 'Setup' (mini-knob 'E'), 'Midi/Remote' menu, 'External' tab, set External Controller 1 to Pedal 1 (or FC (#) Pedal 1 if using an FC pedal), External Controller 2 to Pedal 2 (or FC (#) Pedal 2 if using an FC pedal). Once this is done, your unit will be compatible with presets with parameters that are assigned to External Controllers and/or parameters directly assigned to the FM3/ FC Pedal 1, 2, etc.. jacks.

If that doesn't help, I may have missed something. Let me know which exact version of the preset and I will take a look.
I did that before asking. but i'll keep trying maybe i'm doing something wrong.

I did that before asking. but i'll keep trying maybe i'm doing something wrong.
That effect will only work while on scene 4 (Solo)

In the 'regular' versions, the 'Ray-Gun' level is controlled via 'External Controller #1', not 'Pedal #1'. The 'Description' PDF explains how to link the two.

In the (nec) versions, the 'Ray-Gun' level is controlled via 'Control Switch #1', or by using scene 6.

Firmware 3.02 added a pinch more to the CPU% causing my FM3 'Moke's Rebel Yell V2' preset to become very sluggish when changing between certain scenes.

I narrowed it down to the 'T808 OD' Drive model (channel A) using more CPU than the 'PI Fuzz' model (channel B). Channel A was being used for part of the 'Feedback' effect. But it works just as well with a slightly tweaked 'PI Fuzz' model, now in channel A.

The new V2.1 (3.02) version is in the store and free to all that have already purchased, via your coupon 'Code'.

Moke

Last edited:
Hi Moke. Your presets are outstanding. Are you updating to the latest firmware as I have been looking forward to purchasing some new ones.
I'm also looking for something to convert standard tuning to a baritone. Keep up the good work.

Hi Moke. Your presets are outstanding. Are you updating to the latest firmware as I have been looking forward to purchasing some new ones.
I'm also looking for something to convert standard tuning to a baritone. Keep up the good work.
Yes, I am planning on updating them all. As well as going them to try to trim some more CPU load on the ones that were already very close to the safe limit, and have since been pushed over that limit by the last few firmware updates.

I am trying to schedule some time off from work to get started, but we are very busy. It's probably going to take about 2-1/2 weeks for the FM3, and 1-1/2 weeks for the Axe-Fx III???

I originally worked very hard to make them fit, but keep losing ground with updates that removed a very useful function (for me) and/or raised the CPU load...:(

Last edited:
Updated the 7 'Humbucker' versions of my "General Multi-Purpose' FM3 presets to firmware 4.00.

Fixed one preset that was broken when firmware 1.06 came out, and removed the 'Diffusion' parameters from the Delay blocks. My 'Acoustic+Shimmer' preset now uses a new (single) block to get the 'Shimmer' sound. Not as rich as before, but the best I could do for now. I am still hoping for the reinstatement of the 'Diffusion' parameters in the 'Delay' block.:oops:;)
  1. Moke's Acoustic Sim V5.4 (HB) 'FM3' (4.00)
  2. Moke's Acoustic+B3 sims V5.4 (HB) 'FM3' (4.00)
  3. Moke's Acoustic+Shimmer V5.4 (HB) 'FM3' (4.00)
  4. Moke's Bass Sim V2.3 (HB) 'FM3' (4.00)
  5. Moke's 'Brit-800' V2.8 (HB) 'FM3' (4.00)
  6. Moke's Plexi+Acoustic Sim V5.4 (HB) 'FM3' (4.00)
  7. Moke's Plexi+B3 Sim V2.5 (HB) 'FM3' (4.00)
I will start on the 'Single-Coil' versions next.

As always, free to those that have already purchased, via their coupon code(s)

Moke

For the past few days there has been an issue with the SSL encryption certificate on my site. Causing customers to get a pretty scary warning when going to the 'Cart'.
Site warning.png

Not sure if it was actually unsafe, or just that the webhost's certificate was expired.

Either way, it is now fixed. Sorry for any inconvenience that it may have caused.

Moke

Last edited:
Updated the 7 'Single-Coil' versions of my "General Multi-Purpose' FM3 presets to firmware 4.01.

Also went through and re-checked, and slightly re-tweaked a couple of things on all 7 of the 'Humbucker' versions too.

All 14 have had the amps reset, and are also compatible for 4.01. No need to perform the new 'Update All Presets' command in the Utilities menu with these.

Fixed one preset that was broken when firmware 1.06 came out, and removed the 'Diffusion' parameters from the Delay blocks. My 'Acoustic+Shimmer' preset now uses a new (single) block to get the 'Shimmer' sound. Not as rich as before, but the best I could do for now.

I am still hoping for the reinstatement of the 'Diffusion' parameters in the 'Delay' block.:oops:;)
  1. Moke's (SC) Acoustic Sim V5.4 'FM3' (4.01)
  2. Moke's (SC) Acoustic+B3 sims V5.4 'FM3' (4.01)
  3. Moke's (SC) Acoustic+Shimmer V5.4'FM3' (4.01)
  4. Moke's (SC) Bass Sim V2.3 'FM3' (4.01)
  5. Moke's (SC) 'Brit-800' V2.8 'FM3' (4.01)
  6. Moke's (SC) Plexi+Acoustic Sim V5.4 'FM3' (4.01)
  7. Moke's (SC) Plexi+B3 Sim V2.5 'FM3' (4.01)

Last edited:
Updated 6 'Humbucker' versions of my "Artist' FM3 presets to firmware 4.01.

All of them have had the Amp and Delay blocks reset, and are also compatible for 4.01. No need to perform the new 'Update All Presets' command in the Utilities menu with these.

I am starting with the ones that have been most affected by the latest firmware releases, and per customer email requests.

Sorry that is taking so long. Spare time is hard to come by lately. Contact me to report any presets that have stopped working, or that sounds really 'off'. I will try to get a few more done tomorrow.

I am still hoping for the reinstatement of the 'Diffusion' parameters in the 'Delay' block.
  1. Moke's Like A Stone V2.3 (HB) 'FM3' (4.01)
  2. Moke's Livin' On A Prayer 3 (HB) 'FM3' (4.01)
  3. Moke's Plush 2.1 (HB) 'FM3' (4.01)
  4. Moke's Red Barchetta 2 (HB) 'FM3' (4.01)
  5. Moke's She Sells Sanctuary 2.2 (HB) 'FM3' (4.01)
  6. Moke's Your Love V2.2 (HB) 'FM3' (4.01)

Last edited:
Updated 4 more 'Humbucker' versions of my "Artist' FM3 presets to firmware 4.01.

All of them have had the Amp and Delay blocks reset, and are also compatible for 4.01. No need to perform the new 'Update All Presets' command in the Utilities menu with these.

I am starting with the ones that have been most affected by the latest firmware releases, and per customer email requests.

Sorry that is taking so long. Spare time is hard to come by lately. Contact me to report any presets that have stopped working, or that sounds really 'off'. I will try to get a few more done as soon as I can

I am still hoping for the reinstatement of the 'Diffusion' parameters in the 'Delay' block.
  1. Moke's For the Love of God 2.1 (HB) 'FM3' (4.01)
  2. Moke's Foreplay-Longtime V5.4 (HB) 'FM3' (4.01)
  3. Moke's Limelight V2.5 (HB) 'FM3' (4.01)
  4. Moke's Rebel Yell V2.2 (HB) 'FM3' (4.01)

Last edited:
Thanks so much Moke. I appreciate you spending time to update your presets as I know you are very busy. Your presets are awesome by the way. 👍

Updated 5 more 'Humbucker' versions of my "Artist' FM3 presets to firmware 4.01.

Sorry that is taking so long. Spare time is hard to come by lately. Contact me to report any presets that have stopped working, or that sound really 'off'. I will try to get a few more done as soon as I can

1. Moke's Any Way You Want It V2 (HB) 'FM3' (4.01)
  2. Moke's Escape V2.6 (HB) 'FM3' (4.01)
  3. Moke's Fa..Fa..Fa..Foolin 2.1 (HB) 'FM3' (4.01)
  4. Moke's Pour Some Sugar On Me V2.6 (HB) 'FM3' (4.01)
  5. Moke's Summer of '69 V2.4 (HB) 'FM3' (4.01)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom