FM3 Presets [Moke's Custom Presets] FM3 Master Thread - Firmware 4.xx 'Cygnus'!

Third-party preset or preset pack for the FM3

Moke

Axe-Master
Vendor
I finally had a little time to get started on porting some of my presets over to the FM3! Firmware 1.05

This first batch includes the 'Humbucker' versions of all of my current 'General Multi-Purpose' presets. It took a bit of time and ingenuity to get everything to fit, but I got it. The only one that I can hear a small difference in, is the 'Bass Sim' preset. Only because the Axe-Fx III 'Virtual Capo' is noticeable better than the previous versions.

Hopefully the FM3 will get the same Pitch block update soon...:cool:
  1. Moke's Acoustic Sim V5.1 (HB)
  2. Moke's Acoustic+Shimmer/Angels V5.1 (HB)
  3. Moke's Acoustic+B3 sims V5.1 (HB)
  4. Moke's Plexi+Acoustic V5.1 Sim (HB)
  5. Moke's Plexi+B3 Sim V2 (HB)
  6. Moke's Brit-800 V2.5 (HB)
  7. Moke's Bass Sim V2 (HB)
No 'Per-Preset' assignments yet. Not sure how to implement them, or if I should even go there? Probably best left to the end user, as there are so many ways to setup the switch layouts. Opinions?

Update... All presets have been updated for the 'Cygnus' firmware (4.01 and up)

Last edited:
I get a lot of messages about determining which of the three 'Pickup Output' versions to use. So I came up with a test preset that should help figure out where your humbucker guitar best lines up up with the three choices.

Try all three scenes to see which is closest. Many of you may fall in between two of them and have to pick one and make some tweaks. But at least you will have a better idea where to start.

Moke

pickup output test preset.png

Attachments

• Moke's Pickup Output Test v1.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 110
If this test preset is actually useful, I will make something similar for the other units and post them in the corresponding threads, as well as put them on my site too.

Hi Moke ,
Happy to see you more present in there ,
Do you intend to update your Axe III presets ?
Fafa

With this test, I'm aiming for 0db?

What does it mean if my right is 10b louder than my left?
No. You are aiming for the left and right to be close to equal. The left side will always be about the same. So try each scene to see which one gets the right side to be around the same level when strumming pretty hard. They still move around quite a bit, so it's just an estimate, but hopefully useful?

If the right is higher, then your pickups are too hot for that version. If one is too low, and the next is to high, then you are in between the two. You will have to pick one of those preset version and do a little tweaking?

I would like some feedback about how the test preset works for different guitars so that I can refine the 'Pickup Output' versions. Maybe I need more of them? Maybe less differences between them?

I’ve never heard Moke’s presets on Axe-FX III before, only on my AX8.
I am completely blown away by how much better they sound on FM3.
The B3 in particular is mind blowing.

I’ve never heard Moke’s presets on Axe-FX III before, only on my AX8.
I am completely blown away by how much better they sound on FM3.
The B3 in particular is mind blowing.
You are experiencing the improvements made since the AX8. And some re-tweaking on my part. The FM3 is a bit behind the Axe-Fx III at the moment. It only gets better from here.

The FM3 also has a few more effects that are not in the AX8, as well as more models, and more instances of some blocks.

Last edited:
I get a lot of messages about determining which of the three 'Pickup Output' versions to use. So I came up with a test preset that should help figure out where your humbucker guitar best lines up up with the three choices.

Try all three scenes to see which is closest. Many of you may fall in between two of them and have to pick one and make some tweaks. But at least you will have a better idea where to start.

Moke

View attachment 70949
Hi Moke, Thanks for the test patch! My PRS Custom 24 seems to have the left and right VU meters pretty equal on all settings. This one has 58 / 15's in it. The High setting has a lower reading, Medium looks about like your graphic, and Low it ticking the RED. I am assuming that I should be using the Medium patch given the results?

Hi Moke, Thanks for the test patch! My PRS Custom 24 seems to have the left and right VU meters pretty equal on all settings. This one has 58 / 15's in it. The High setting has a lower reading, Medium looks about like your graphic, and Low it ticking the RED. I am assuming that I should be using the Medium patch given the results?
That sounds correct. Thanks for the report.

@Moke...When your presets say Acousti Sim is that for those with a Piezo or just regular HB's? Finally have a nice guitar with HB's......
They are designed for a (bridge) Humbucker pickup. The Single-Coil versions should be available in a few days.

They are designed for a (bridge) Humbucker pickup. The Single-Coil versions should be available in a few days.

DISREGARD.................VOL\PAN Ext issue (my end, not yours)-Got it now-

Hey Moke-I have no doubt it is ME, but I get nothing from the acoustic only scenes. Both vol\pans are cranked. Plexi scenes volume is LOUD. Acoustic, dead silence. I have tried all three versions. I did use the test patch you uploaded and medium\low was the outcome of the pups. PRS S2 SC McCarty 594-Stock pickups-which I do not like btw, but that's another story.
I picked a 4X12 V30 cab from factory. What am I missing?
EDIT: Should add that the plexi scenes are right on as far as volume, etc with my other stuff. They sound great!
Thanks

Last edited:
DISREGARD.................VOL\PAN Ext issue (my end, not yours)-Got it now-

Hey Moke-I have no doubt it is ME, but I get nothing from the acoustic only scenes. Both vol\pans are cranked. Plexi scenes volume is LOUD. Acoustic, dead silence. I have tried all three versions. I did use the test patch you uploaded and medium\low was the outcome of the pups. PRS S2 SC McCarty 594-Stock pickups-which I do not like btw, but that's another story.
I picked a 4X12 V30 cab from factory. What am I missing?
EDIT: Should add that the plexi scenes are right on as far as volume, etc with my other stuff. They sound great!
Thanks
Did the (nec) versions work?

Back
Top Bottom