FM3 Presets [Moke's Custom Presets] FM3 Master Thread - Firmware 4.xx 'Cygnus'!

Third-party preset or preset pack for the FM3
Updated 5 more 'Humbucker' versions of my "Artist' FM3 presets to firmware 4.01 'Cygnus'.

All of them have had the Amp and Delay blocks reset, and are also compatible for 4.01. No need to perform the new 'Update All Presets' command in the Utilities menu with these.

Contact me to report any presets that have stopped working, or that sound really 'off'. I will try to get a few more done as soon as I can
  1. Moke's Exit V2.1 (HB) 'FM3' (4.01)
  2. Moke's Live Gilmour V2.4 (HB) 'FM3' (4.01)
  3. Moke's Miss Sarajevo V2.1 (HB) 'FM3' (4.01)
  4. Moke's Mothers Of The Disappeared V2 (HB) 'FM3' (4.01)
  5. Moke's Personal Jesus V2.2 (HB) 'FM3' (4.01)
As always, free to those that have already purchased, via their coupon code(s)

Only a few more to go...

Updated 1 more 'Humbucker' versions of my "Artist' FM3 presets to firmware 4.01 'Cygnus'.

This one had changed drastically in 'Cygnus'. I spent a bunch of time trying to figure it out. It turned out that all of the 'Ideal' tone controls and Bright switch/Bright Cap are disabled in that Amp block (the Deluxe Tweeds). You can get more info in the link below.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ntrols-not-working-fw4-01.178616/post-2177158

After a long day of experimenting, I found some work-arounds to get me back close to where it was pre-Cygnus.

It has the Amp and Delay blocks reset, and is also compatible for 4.01. No need to perform the new 'Update All Presets' command in the Utilities menu with this one.

Contact me to report any presets that have stopped working, or that sound really 'off'. I will try to get a few more done as soon as I can

1. Moke's Live Neil Young & Crazy Horse Tone V2 (HB) 'FM3' (4.01)

There is only one (Single-Coil) 'Artist' FM3 preset left to get updated to 'Cygnus'.

I also have some 'Single-Coil' Axe-Fx III 'General Multi-Purpose' presets to finish updating. In that process, I may make some improvements. If so, those "improvements" will be carried over to the FM3 versions wherever possible.

Updated all 7 of the 'Single-Coil' versions of my 'General Multi-Purpose', and 1 more of my "Artist' FM3 presets to firmware 4.01 'Cygnus'.
  1. Moke's Acoustic Sim V5.7 (SC) 'FM3' (4.01)
  2. Moke's Acoustic+B3 sims V5.7 (SC) 'FM3' (4.01)
  3. Moke's Acoustic+Shimmer V5.7 (SC) 'FM3' (4.01)
  4. Moke's Bass Sim V2.7 (SC) 'FM3' (4.01)
  5. Moke's 'Brit-800' V3.1 (SC) 'FM3' (4.01)
  6. Moke's Plexi+Acoustic Sim V5.7 (SC) 'FM3' (4.01)
  7. Moke's Plexi+B3 Sim V2.7 (SC) 'FM3' (4.01)

1. Moke's Live Gilmour V2.4 (SC) 'FM3' (4.01)

All of my FM3 presets are now updated to the 4.01 'Cygnus' firmware!!

Added some newer (x.7) versions of the Humbucker 'General Multi-Purpose' FM3 presets, to get them synced with the Axe-Fx III versions.

Just check to see if there is a newer revision number than the current file that you now have.

During the process of getting some of my FM9 'Artist/Song Specific' presets ported over, I discovered an error in two of the FM3 files. The two available versions were mixed up between the two. Ending up with one of the versions of each preset, in both files.:rolleyes:

Added the repaired files to the store with revised file numbers.
  1. Moke's Blue On Black V2.2.1 (SC) 'FM3' (4.01)
  2. Moke's Blue Hotel V2.2.1 (SC) 'FM3' (4.01)

Just check to see if there is a newer revision number than the current file that you now have.

A customer advised me that there was an IR missing from the IR folder in my 'Moke's Rooster V2.2. (HB) 'FM3' (4.01)' preset.

It has now been added to the IR folder and is in the store. Amended the product name to 'Moke's Rooster V2.2.1 (HB) 'FM3' (4.01)' to differentiate it from the original 2.2 version.

I am going to go through them all to see if any others have gone missing.

EDIT... Found one more preset with a missing IR. 'Moke's Mothers Of The Disappeared V2 (HB) 'FM3' (4.01)' is now 'Moke's Mothers Of The Disappeared V2.1 (HB) 'FM3' (4.01)'

Last edited:
It's been a crazy year so far. I finally got a bit of a break between jobs. I have been updating all of my Axe-Fx III and FM9 presets for the past couple of weeks.

I heard that a new major firmware for the FM3 is in private beta testing. Getting the FM3 more in sync with it's bigger siblings will be nice, but there will likely be a CPU price to pay. Once it is released, I will see what it does to the CPU% demand and do what I can to make them work. The last few have increased the CPU load and caused many of my presets that were really close to the safe limit to exceed the limit and have issues. Some even locked up the FM3.

Moke

I bought "Moke's 'Bass Simulator' V2.7 - For Humbucker Pickups (FM3)" last week. Easily the best FM3 preset purchase I've ever made. It's insane how well Moke emulates the nuances of bass for the guitar. Great stuff!

Because of the Steve Vai 'Gift of Tone' effect blocks released today, I have received several requests to update my 'Moke's Live Vai Tone' for the latest 'Cygnus x2' firmware versions, to act as a base preset to try out Steve's effect blocks in context.

I went through all three Gen 3 platforms.

I changed the Whammy to just stay on in the Whammy scenes. My previous 'Golden Whammy' trick now has a bump sound during the transition that I have been unable to solve so far. I believe that the much improved latency is now so short that there is some phase cancellation happening during the 'mix' transition.

I also switched over to the 'Legend 100 II' Amp model for more accuracy. The original version of this preset used the 'CA3+ Lead' model as the older 'Legacy' models from the Gen 2 units didn't work for me. This amp model is still included with the preset in Channel 'B' of the Amp block.

Reordered the scenes a bit too. As well as some other tweaks here and there.

• Moke's Live Vai Tone V3.0 (HB) 'FM3' (6.01)

Scene layout for the 'regular' presets.........

Scene #1.... Main Rhythm (Wah)
Scene #2.... Solo tone (Wah)
Scene #3.... Main Rhythm (Whammy up 1 octave)
Scene #4.... Solo tone (Whammy up 1 octave)(adds more gain and delay, a mid boost and a 'Detune' effect that gets stronger as you play higher notes)
Scene #5.... Main Rhythm (Whammy up 2 octaves)
Scene #6.... Solo tone (Whammy up 2 octaves)
Scene #7.... Main Rhythm (Wah and Chorus)
Scene #8.... Solo tone (Wah and Chorus)

Scene layout for the (nc) presets.........

Scene #1.... Main Rhythm
Scene #2.... Main Rhythm (Whammy up 1 octave)
Scene #3.... Solo tone (adds more gain and delay, a mid boost and a 'Detune' effect that gets stronger as you play higher notes)
Scene #4.... Solo tone (Whammy up 1 octave)
Scene #5.... Main Rhythm (Auto-Wah)
Scene #6.... Solo tone (Auto-Wah)
Scene #7.... Main Rhythm (Chorus)
Scene #8.... Solo tone (Chorus)

@Moke , question
I am looking at doing some harmonizer pitch stuff and having them set up on momentary switches , for things like Scorpions
Priest , TSO etc
Would you ever consider doing a pack or just custom scales that could be saved to library pitch blocks and then just assigned to
The 4 switches
Also can a whammy be used if you place pitch block after amp cab or does it have to be first in chain. ?

Back
Top Bottom