AFIII Presets [Moke's Custom Presets] Axe-Fx III Master Thread - Updated to Firmware 20.xx 'Cygnus'! New 'Triple-Gain' (HB) Versions

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III
I had a (single-coil) customer pickup my 'AX8' Prince - 'Cream' (for Humbucker Pickups) preset and wanted some advice on tweaking it for 'Single-Coils'. After messing with it for a while, I got it sounding very close to the original version using my Strat. So after I sent him this new version, I decided to port it over to the Axe-Fx II and III, and add all three versions to the store.

'Cream' by Prince - for Single-Coil guitars

Available for the the 'AX8' (Q10.01), 'Axe-Fx II' (Q10.01), and 'Axe-Fx III' (2.03).

Here is the Humbucker (HB) version demo for reference.... They sound very close.
+

I Just added a Kansas - 'Carry on Wayward Son' (for Humbucker pickups) preset to the store.

Available for the AX8 (10.01), Axe-Fx II (10.01), and Axe-Fx III (2.04).

New for Q10.01 and 1.18... Now available in two different versions. For 'High Output Humbucker Pickups' (the original version), and 'Medium Output Humbucker Pickups'.

Try both versions to see which one works best for you. You can also mix and match them to work with multiple guitars.

Haven't been able to make a Demo yet. I hurt my index finger on my fretting hand. Should be up in a couple of days?

Scene #1.... Main rhythm
Scene #2.... Cleaner rhythm (Chorus sections)
Scene #3.... Harmony sections (play E, C, E, G, E, G, A, to get the desired results)
Scene #4.... Solo 1
Scene #5.... Acoustic Sim
Scene #6.... Solo 2

Uses 2 'Global' scales........#31 and #32
These are programmed manually in the 'Global' menu (not the 'Pitch' block).

Last edited:
I Just added the demo for my Kansas - 'Carry on Wayward Son' (for Humbucker pickups) preset to the store.

Available for the AX8 (10.01), Axe-Fx II (10.01), and Axe-Fx III (2.04).

New for Q10.01 and 1.18... Now available in two different versions. For 'High Output Humbucker Pickups' (the original version), and 'Medium Output Humbucker Pickups'.

Try both versions to see which one works best for you. You can also mix and match them to work with multiple guitars.

'YouTube' backing track. No post-EQ. No double-tracking (though it would sound better).

Scene #1.... Main rhythm
Scene #2.... Cleaner rhythm (Chorus sections)
Scene #3.... Harmony sections (play E, C, E, G, E, G, A, to get the desired results)
Scene #4.... Solo 1
Scene #5.... Acoustic Sim
Scene #6.... Solo 2

Uses 2 'Global' scales........#31 and #32
These are programmed manually in the 'Global' menu (not the 'Pitch' block).

Someone brought it to my attention that IR "U2-0610_Moke's Acoustic V4 (Neck)", for my 'Like A Stone' preset was not working and showing up as 'Blank' after importing it?. It has been fixed and added to the Zipped folder in the 'Update' page.

Anyone that has purchased the Axe-Fx III version of this preset, please use your 'Update' page 'Link' to retrieve the Zipped folder again and replace that IR.

Sorry for any inconvenience, Moke

Just got Moke's III Acoustic Sim for Humbuckers V4. Really nice and convincing, definitely should hold up for live audiences!

NOTICE...

Due to the unsecured nature of the 'Update' pages on my site, and suspected theft of Presets, The Presets and Packs will no longer be stored in these pages.

The new 'Update' system will involve the use of special Coupon 'Codes' that can be used to purchase the new versions of the preset from the store, at zero cost. These 'Codes' will be included in a PDF file, located inside the Zipped file for all future purchases.

There is a special 'Code' for each Preset and Pack, that is only valid for that specific product. Only one 'Code' can be used at a time. So you will have to update each Preset or Pack, one at a time.

Existing customers, please contact me via the 'Contact' tab on my site and give me any info that you have on your past purchases. Once they are verified, I will email you the Coupon 'Codes' for each preset/pack that you have purchased.

Sorry for any inconvenience...
Moke

Last edited:
Geez! Is nothing sacred anymore? So sorry to hear you may have been “thieved from” @Moke. That stinks. I was reading that “porch pirates” were a big problem during the holidays. I can remember when my parents let us play outside without worrying about someone kidnapping or shooting us. I also remember the times of unlocked doors. Not anymore.......

Just a quick update on the status of my Axe-Fx III presets.

I have been busy at my day job, most of which has been out of town. So I have been away from my gear....

I have been trying to keep up with the firmware updates on the Axe-3. I have started working on them a few times, but a new firmware comes out before I can finish. Weeks of labor gone! Firmware versions 2 and 3 changed thing a bit, but version 4 effectively ruined many of my Axe-3 presets, due to the changes (some of them, huge) in the Drive models.

I finally finished the 4.03 updates (which was a lot of work) and was putting together all of the zipped files for the store, and firmware 5 beta #1 and then #2 came out. Not sure how it will affect my stuff yet? According to Cliff, a new 'official' firmware 5 (with some bug fixes) should drop any day, so now I am waiting on that. By the time I got all of the 4.03 versions in the store, they would be out of date again.

Sorry for those that have bought presets and updated, only to find that they don't sound as intended (or completely 'off', in some cases).

New for the next release....

There is a new 'Version 5' of my Acoustic preset coming in the next release. It's got a bit more 'Resonance' in the new IR, as well as some other tweaks. Most of my other presets that included an acoustic sim will also be updated to include this new version (where applicable).

The 'Humbucker' presets will also be available in three different pickup output levels from now on. 'High Output Pickups' (the original), 'Medium Output Pickups', and new 'Low Output Pickups' versions.

Moke

Last edited:
Update....

I want to give the official Firmware 5.xx some time in the wild before I go through and re-tweak (if necessary?).

So I am going to get all of the 4.03 presets exported, new 'Description' pages finished, any new IRs exported, zipped files put together, and added to the store so that my presets will work again. It's a bit of work, so it may take a couple of days to them all in.

I will revisit them again after the next firmware release has been checked out a bit for any issues.

All of the 4.03 versions of my 'Axe-Fx III' presets are now in the store!
  1. A new 'Version 5' of my 'Humbucker' and 'Single-Coil' 'Acoustic Simulator' presets were added. (new IRs too)
  2. The new 'Version 5' Acoustic Sim IRs and blocks were added to all other 'multiple signal path' presets that include an Acoustic Sim (where applicable).
  3. The 'Humbucker' presets will also be available in three different pickup output levels from now on. 'High Output Pickups' (the original), 'Medium Output Pickups', and new 'Low Output Pickups' versions.
Free to all that have already purchased.

Also, a few new things....
  1. A new 'Single-Coil' version of my 'Rockin in the Free World' preset was added' (by request)
  2. A new 'Humbucker' version of my 'Bass Simulator' preset was added. (by request)
As mentioned in post #92 (above), the old 'Update Links' are no longer valid. The new update system requires a specific coupon 'Code' to re-purchase (for free) each preset (one at a time). These new 'Codes' are now included along with the downloads at the time of purchase since Jan. 1st, 2019. They do not expire, so they will be good for all future updates for the foreseeable future.

If you purchased before that, and haven't contacted me yet for your matching 'Codes'.... Please contact my through my web-store, and I will confirm you order(s), and send you your 'Codes' as quickly as I can.

Moke

Last edited:
A couple of things....
  1. The new 5.xx 'bypass' algorithm has some benefits, but one problem is that the 'Filter' and 'GEQ' blocks now have gaps when switching channels...:( Which kind of renders their channel switching function useless for my purposes.
  2. Has anyone noticed any issues with any of my 4.03 presets in firmware 5.xx?

All of the 4.03 versions of my 'Axe-Fx III' presets are now in the store!
  1. A new 'Version 5' of my 'Humbucker' and 'Single-Coil' 'Acoustic Simulator' presets were added. (new IRs too)
  2. The new 'Version 5' Acoustic Sim IRs and blocks were added to all other 'multiple signal path' presets that include an Acoustic Sim (where applicable).
  3. The 'Humbucker' presets will also be available in three different pickup output levels from now on. 'High Output Pickups' (the original), 'Medium Output Pickups', and new 'Low Output Pickups' versions.
Free to all that have already purchased.

Also, a few new things....
  1. A new 'Single-Coil' version of my 'Rockin in the Free World' preset was added' (by request)
  2. A new 'Humbucker' version of my 'Bass Simulator' preset was added. (by request)
As mentioned in post #92 (above), the old 'Update Links' are no longer valid. The new update system requires a specific coupon 'Code' to re-purchase (for free) each preset (one at a time). These new 'Codes' are now included along with the downloads at the time of purchase since Jan. 1st, 2019. They do not expire, so they will be good for all future updates for the foreseeable future.

If you purchased before that, and haven't contacted me yet for your matching 'Codes'.... Please contact my through my web-store, and I will confirm you order(s), and send you your 'Codes' as quickly as I can.

Moke
The update to 4.03 sounds spectacular in 5.05! I am able to use Maestro Moke’s JCM 800 in a variety of situations for that killer Marshall goodness. It is made for a mix. I own most of his creations and can testify (can I get a Hallelujah?!) to my religious use. His Vai patches are remarkable as well. Do yourself a favor and try them out. It’s also a great way of learning how to dial in tones by yourself. Highly recommended! 5 Stars!

+100 , don't know if its Mokes tweaks or the 5.05 update, suspect a combination of both, but yes Mokes presets were fantastic before, but 4.03 versions , well, wow they really blow me away now...updated 3 last night & spent so long playing never got round to grabbing the rest, but I will !..
awesome work Moke ( and Fractal ) thankyou

Back
Top Bottom