AFIII Presets [Moke's Custom Presets] Axe-Fx III Master Thread - Updated to Firmware 20.xx 'Cygnus'! New 'Triple-Gain' (HB) Versions

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III

Moke

Axe-Master
Vendor
Well I finally started adding some Axe-Fx III versions of my presets.

Update... As of August 1st, 2018, 82 out of 83 of my existing presets ported over to the Axe-Fx III. The only one left is Pink Floyd's 'Wish You Were Here'. That one uses a Scene Controller to automatically start the Looper playback when selecting scene #2. This isn't currently possible in the Axe-Fx III Looper. Once some of the Looper controls are (hopefully) opened for modifier attachment, I will finish that preset.

Update 2... As of Oct. 21, 2018 (firmware 1,18), all of the 'Humbucker' versions will include two different versions of the preset. For 'High Output Pickups' (the original version), and new 'Medium Output Pickups'.

Update 3... As of firmware 4.03, all of the 'Humbucker' versions will include three different pickup output versions of the preset. A new 'Low Output Pickups' version.

Update 4... All presets have been updated for the 'Cygnus' firmware (16.05 and up)

I contacted a few other commercial preset maker's to try to work out where we will be putting our custom IRs to avoid any 'User Cab' location conflicts between any shared customers.

My custom IRs will be stored in 'User Bank 2', starting at slot #600.

Also, I've moved my 'Volume' control to 'External #2'. And the 'Wah' controls (and other miscellaneous controls) to 'External #1' to better match the way the Factory presets are set up. I am going to try to avoid using 'External #3'.

Go to the 'Axe-Fx II' versions of the presets for the demos.

https://www.custompresets.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

Last edited:
6 of my 'General Multi-Purpose' presets so far.
  1. The 'JCM-800'.... (for Humbucker guitars)
  2. The 'Acoustic Sim'.... (for Humbucker guitars)
  3. The 'Acoustic Shimmer/Angels'.... (for Humbucker guitars)
  4. The 'Acoustic + B3'.... (for Humbucker guitars)
  5. The 'Plexi + B3'.... (for Humbucker guitars)
  6. The 'Plexi + Acoustic'.... (for Humbucker guitars)
These were ported over manually. I started them before the new (beta) 'FracTool' converter was released. I tested the latest version (2.83) just now and it gets most of the work done, but because of the complexity of most of my presets, there are still many things that don't convert correctly for now.

The Single-Coil versions of my'General Multi-Purpose' presets will be next.

Last edited:
YES! I want them all...
I believe you! lol

I will eventually get them all in there, but it's going to take some time. Even if I use the 'FracTool' utility (which is awesome by the way), I will still have to go through every controller and every parameter in every block to make sure that it is all correct!

Cool.....try & make sure they sound even better:cool:
Initially, they will sound very much like the Axe-Fx II versions, although maybe slightly better because of the new amp modeling and other improvements. Most of these already have some improvements over the older versions. But over time, they will grow farther apart from the Axe-Fx II versions because of future improvements? And as always, once someone purchases a preset, they will get to come along for the ride for free.

There will undoubtedly be new Axe Fx 3 presets that will come along that will not be available in the other devices, because of the extra CPU and other enhancements. I'm not sure if I will put out a 'lesser' version for the other units? I will cross that bridge when I come to it?

6 more of my 'General Multi-Purpose' presets just added.
  1. The 'JCM-800!!'.... (for Single-Coil guitars)
  2. The 'Acoustic Sim'.... (for Single-Coil guitars)
  3. The 'Acoustic Shimmer/Angels'.... (for Single-Coil guitars)
  4. The 'Acoustic + B3'.... (for Single-Coil guitars)
  5. The 'Plexi + B3'.... (for Single-Coil guitars)
  6. The 'Plexi + Acoustic'.... (for Single-Coil guitars)
The 'Bass Simulator' should be added tomorrow.

Last edited:
@Moke Thanks man. I bought your presets for Petty American Girl
Journey Anyway You Want It and
Boston Foreplay/Long Time
My band does these tunes and these presets are critical for me to get the right tone for each tune
Looking forward to the conversion to Ax III.

Hi Moke ,

I had purchased your acoustic patch for Ax8 .curious will it work in my 3 as well ??
Converting with FracTool (which is awesome) is still leaving many issues, especially if there are multiple controllers attached. It may be a while before my presets will convert reasonably successfully.

That being said, the Axe Fx III version of that preset is miles ahead of the AX8 version.

The last of my 'General Multi-Purpose' presets was just added.
  1. The 'Base Simulator' preset.
It's even more useful now with the improvements in the Pitch block and some new tweaks. This version also includes a 'Mutron' type Auto-Filter effect (Filter 1).

And by the way, all presets that contain a 'Wah' block include an (envelope controlled) 'Auto-Wah' in the (nec) versions.

Hey Moke , are you going to make some presets that take advantage of the multiple amp channels ?

There is potential for some pretty complex presets.

Hey Moke , are you going to make some presets that take advantage of the multiple amp channels ?

There is potential for some pretty complex presets.
Absolutely. I'm sure that there were many instances where using another amp model in a particular scene would have been best but, I tried to avoid Amp X/Y in my presets (because of the gap), but 'Channels' are way more usable.

I had planned on using 'Channels' in my 'JCM-800' preset for the various gain stages. The switching was really fast, but I preferred the 'morphing' of the difference scenes via the scene controller.

Converting with FracTool (which is awesome) is still leaving many issues, especially if there are multiple controllers attached. It may be a while before my presets will convert reasonably successfully.

That being said, the Axe Fx III version of that preset is miles ahead of the AX8 version.
Still waiting for a precise bug report with presets and reproduction steps

Okay, I just added 8 Axe Fx III 'Artist/Song Specific' presets to the store.
  1. 'Rebel Yell'.... (for Humbucker guitars)
  2. 'Livin' on a Prayer'.... (for Humbucker guitars)
  3. 'Livin' on a Prayer'.... (for Single-Coil guitars)
  4. 'You Give Love a Bad Name'.... (for Humbucker guitars)
  5. 'Foreplay/Longtime'.... (for Humbucker guitars)
  6. 'Eruption'.... (for Humbucker guitars) (including Mark Day's version)
  7. 'American Girl'.... (for Humbucker guitars)
  8. 'Zack Wylde'.... (for Humbucker guitars)
These were ported over manually.

Thanks @Moke! These are some of my go to presets!

Fantastic sir! I will purchase these this weekend.? I’m waiting on the Vai presets (no pressure Maestro!). You have the best Vai tones bar none!

Back
Top Bottom