Legacy Presets [Moke's Custom Presets] Axe-Fx II Master Thread - Updated to Q9.04/10.01 - New presets, Videos, & Discounts

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
[QUOTE="willowdale, post: 1641447,
Rush: Freewill...The Spirit Of Radio...Closer To The Heart...Xanadu...Working Man...Anthem...Bastille Day...Natural Science....A Passage To Bangkok....Distant Early Warning....The Trees[/QUOTE]

...and the rest of Rush’s entire catalogue!

A demo of all 5 scenes of my upcoming 'Bon Jovi - 'Livin' on a Prayer' preset for the Axe-Fx II and the AX8. Available in a 'Humbucker' and a 'Single-Coil' version.

Includes a 'Talk Box' simulation.

The (YouTube) backing track used has no guitars. One stereo guitar track, no overdubs, no post-EQ.

Scene 1...Main Rhythm (only)
Scene 2...Main Rhythm and 'Talk Box' Sim together
Scene 3...'Talk Box' Sim (only)
Scene 4...Main Solo
Scene 5...'Talk Box' Solo

Last edited:
A demo of all 4 scenes of my upcoming 'Bon Jovi - 'You Give Love A Bad Name' preset for the Axe-Fx II and the AX8.

The (YouTube) backing track used has no guitars. One stereo guitar track, no overdubs, no post-EQ.

Scene 1...Main Rhythm
Scene 2...Main Rhythm with a slight boost and Delay (see the demo video for uses)
Scene 3...'Intro' and 'Outro' Solos
Scene 4...Main Solo

A demo of all 4 scenes of my upcoming 'Bon Jovi - 'You Give Love A Bad Name' preset for the Axe-Fx II and the AX8.

Scene 1...Main Rhythm
Scene 2...Main Rhythm with a slight boost and Delay (see the demo video for uses)
Scene 3...'Intro' and 'Outro' Solos
Scene 4...Main Solo

This just sounds fantastic! Your OCD has really come in handy!

Hey Moke -

Lovin’ your presets! Still figuring out the external controllers, so using the nec versions for now, and my my my do they sound good ☺️.

With Axe III out now, are you still planning on continuing to make new presets for the Axe II?

Hey Moke -

Lovin’ your presets! Still figuring out the external controllers, so using the nec versions for now, and my my my do they sound good ☺️.

With Axe III out now, are you still planning on continuing to make new presets for the Axe II?
For the foreseeable future, Yes.

Once I finally do get an Axe-Fx III there will be a potential gap in available presets from time to time as there will be things possible on the 3 that are not on the 2.

I have received quite a few emails about the 'Global Custom Scales' and how to enter them.

So.........Here is some information about using 'Global Custom Scales'.

There are 32 'Global Custom Scales' available. The 'Global Custom Scales' are not entered in the Pitch block itself. They are stored separately in each individual unit, in the Global menu. The manual gives a very brief description about them, but not specifically how to access and program them.

Each scale must be programmed using the key of 'A' to work correctly. You then can select the actual 'Key' being used in the Pitch block itself. Any 'Global Custom Scale' can be used by multiple Pitch blocks, and in more than one preset. The 'Pitch' block type must be set to 'Custom Shift'. The 'Voice 1' and 'Voice 2' parameters now each access any one of the 32 'Global Custom Scales'.

........Entering 'Global Custom Scales' on the Axe-Fx II........

On the Axe-Fx II front panel (not Axe edit), press the 'Global' button, press the 'Page >' button until you get to the 'Scales' tab. Use the large 'Value' knob to scroll through the available 'Custom Scale' slots. Once you get to the 'Custom Scale' number that you wish to program, for example Custom Scale #5, then use the 'Navigation' up and down buttons to move the cursor down through each 'Note'. Then use the large 'Value' knob to change the pitch shift amount for each 'Note' to match the list in the 'Description' page. The range of pitch shift available is -24 semi tones to +24 semi tones. The negative shift amounts will have a (-) in front of the number. The positive shift amounts will just display the number (no + in front of it).

It would be nice if this could be done in Axe-Edit. But it must be done on the unit itself. Each 'Custom Scale' should only take about 1 minute to program. The 'Pitch' blocks in my presets are already programmed to use a specific 'Global Custom Scale' number, so once you have the proper pitch shift intervals programmed in each scale (per the included Description page), the presets will work as intended. Nothing need be done to the pitch shift block itself.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks, Moke

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom