Legacy Presets [Moke's Custom Presets] Axe-Fx II Master Thread - Updated to Q9.04/10.01 - New presets, Videos, & Discounts

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
BTW... In the past, almost all of the 'No External Controllers' (nec) versions of my presets were identical to the regular versions, with the exceptions of the 'External Controllers' being removed.

However, the 9.04 "(nec)" versions have differences in most cases. Any "(nec)" preset that contains a 'Wah' block will now operate as an 'Auto-Wah' (when activated). Any "(nec)" preset that contains a 'Whammy' affect will have alternate scenes to activate it.

Please read the 'Description' page that comes in the zipped file for important info whenever you download a new version.

Just added a preset for 'Shooting Star' by Bad Company (For Humbucker guitars)... (Q9.04)

Available for the Axe-Fx II and the AX8.

Scene #1....Main rhythm (Electric and slightly reduced Acoustic Sim's)
Scene #2....Acoustic Sim only (at full volume)
Scene #3....Intro (reduced gain Electric tone with Chorus and Acoustic)
Scene #4....Solo (Neck pickup)

Just added a preset for 'Rainbow in the Dark' by Dio (For Humbucker guitars)... (Q9.04)

This one has a cool bonus.........It includes the 'Synth/Pad' part of the song. The notes play automatically using the 'Sequencer' controller (like a backing track sample), so you are free to play the rhythm guitar part. The 'Synth/Pad' part , and all associated controllers, are tied to the tempo of the preset. So the speed of the 'Synth/Pad' part will track any tempo that you input with the 'Tap Tempo' switch. Also, when you switch back to scene 1 at the end of the 'Synth/Pad' parts of the song, a dedicated Delay block will continue echoing the last two notes, like in the original recording. The preset tempo loads at 118 bpm (an average of the studio recording).

I will try to get a demo video done and posted soon.

Scene #1....Main rhythm

Scene #2....Main rhythm - plus the 'Pad/Synth' part. 'Pad/Synth' sequence starts immediately when
scene 2 is selected and continues until you select another Scene. (speed linked to the Tap Tempo if needed)

Scene #3....Main rhythm (optional -1 dB louder for just after the Solo)

Scene #4....Solo.

Last edited:
Just added a preset for 'Rainbow in the Dark' by Dio (For Humbucker guitars)... (Q9.04)

This one has a cool bonus.........It includes the 'Synth/Pad' part of the song. The notes play automatically using the 'Sequencer' controller (like a backing track sample), so you are free to play the rhythm guitar part. The 'Synth/Pad' part , and all associated controllers, are tied to the tempo of the preset. So the speed of the 'Synth/Pad' part will track any tempo that you input with the 'Tap Tempo' switch. Also, when you switch back to scene 1 at the end of the 'Synth/Pad' parts of the song, a dedicated Delay block will continue echoing the last two notes, like in the original recording. The preset tempo loads at 118 bpm (an average of the studio recording).

I will try to get a demo video done and posted soon.

Scene #1....Main rhythm

Scene #2....Main rhythm - plus the 'Pad/Synth' part. 'Pad/Synth' sequence starts immediately when
scene 2 is selected and continues until you select another Scene. (speed linked to the Tap Tempo if needed)

Scene #3....Main rhythm (optional -1 dB louder for just after the Solo)

Scene #4....Solo.

Very tempted by this. Always loved that guitar tone.

A quick demo of my 'Shooting Star' by Bad Company preset (9.04)

Available for the Axe Fx II and the AX8.

A quick demo of my 'Rainbow in the Dark' by Dio preset (9.04)

The backing track has no guitars (except during the solo) or keyboards in it. No double tracking, no post EQ. The 'Synth/Pad' part is coming from the Axe Fx and is triggered by selecting scene 2.

Available for the Axe-Fx II and AX8.

Last edited:
A demo video of my 'Stranglehold' by Ted Nugent preset (9.04)

Includes a Bass Solo scene, with a Bass simulator.

Available (soon) for the Axe-Fx II and the AX8.

My 'Shout at the Devil' by Motley Crue preset is now in the store.

Available for the Axe-Fx II and AX8.

I unfortunately can't put the YouTube link to the demo video here, as it was instantly blocked (in most countries) for 'copyright content'. However, an HD version of the video is in the preset's description page in the store.

Includes an optional 'Pitch' block to drop the tuning down a whole-step for standard A-440 tuned guitars. You can replace this block with a 'shunt' if you are already tuned down (to reduce the CPU load) or wish to stay in standard tuning.

Added a Wha and a Flanger block for use with many other 'early' Motley Crue songs. The (nec) version contains an envelope controlled 'Auto-Wah'.

Moke, Love your presets, ive been converting alot of them to work with my setup out1 to foh, monitors and out 2 to a Matrix and 4x12 B greenbacks

What do you use for your live setup?
Thanks gary

Moke, Love your presets, ive been converting alot of them to work with my setup out1 to foh, monitors and out 2 to a Matrix and 4x12 B greenbacks

What do you use for your live setup?
Thanks gary
I go direct to the Front of House and use whatever wedges are available. I usually have the Front of House mix routed to my monitor. If it's a new room and I'm not sure that I will get my own monitor/mix, I will bring one of our PA tops (JBL PRX-615) and plug that into output 2 (set to echo out 1).

I'm not picky at all about my monitor system. I just need to hear myself and get some guitar/speaker interaction for some sustain when needed. What goes to FOH is all that I'm concerned with. I haven't used a traditional guitar cab in almost a decade. And even then, I was going direct to Front of House. Haven't mic'd a guitar cab live in almost 2 decades.

Last edited:
What's coming next
Well, I've got a few different ones I'm going back-and-forth on trying to get them to sound right.
  1. Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer (with a 'Talk Box' sim)
  2. Bon Jovi - You Give Love a Bad Name (including the octave harmonies)
  3. Dio - The Last in Line (including the keyboard/brass sound)
  4. Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back in Town (including harmonies)
  5. Boston - Rock 'n Roll Band (including the harmonies)
  6. Bad Company - Rock 'n Roll Fantasy (including the lower octave harmony)
  7. Seal - Crazy
  8. A Strat based general 'Funk' tone (a la Nile Rodgers?)
Other (possible?) 'Artist' stuff down the road....
Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Guns and Roses, The Cars, Rush,???

Well, I've got a few different ones I'm going back-and-forth on trying to get them to sound right.
  1. Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer (with a 'Talk Box' sim)
  2. Bon Jovi - You Give Love a Bad Name (including the octave harmonies)
  3. Dio - The Last in Line (including the keyboard/brass sound)
  4. Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back in Town (including harmonies)
  5. Boston - Rock 'n Roll Band (including the harmonies)
  6. Bad Company - Rock 'n Roll Fantasy (including the lower octave harmony)
  7. Seal - Crazy
  8. A Strat based general 'Funk' tone (a la Nile Rodgers?)
Other (possible?) 'Artist' stuff down the road....
Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Guns and Roses, The Cars, Rush,???
Some old priest would be cool, new Richie Faulkner

VH Balance: Don't tell me(What Love Can Do)...Amsterdam...Baluchitherium.

Rush: Freewill...The Spirit Of Radio...Closer To The Heart...Xanadu...Working Man...Anthem...Bastille Day...Natural Science....A Passage To Bangkok....Distant Early Warning....The Trees

Back
Top Bottom